Working at Red Gold — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Red Gold pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Red Gold

From Elwood, In — 03/28/2010

This company is really hard to figure out. We are already running 7 days a week & they want us to tell any eatery that doesn't have red gold product available that they need to get it. What? Quality of life is pretty much nonexistent & they want us to bring in more work. What's next? Just sleep there & go home on the holidays? I guess the owners really appreciate it, but what's in it for the employee.
If you need a job, it will work. But if you're looking for a good job, stay away!!!

From Orestes,Indiana — 06/05/2009

I worked at the Orestes canning facilty for 60 days back in '08.

Pay: I started at $12.95/hr for a 40 hour work week. It was close to what I was used to and was a living wage for me.

Respect: Critisism came easily from out Floor Leaders. Never recall anyone being prasied for a job well done.

Benefits: Not there long enough to comment.

Job Security: This place is not going to be sent to China, so job security was never an issue.

Work/Life balance: Occasional mandatory overtime.

Growth: Available for those willing to tow the company line.

Location: 1/2 hour drive from my house.

Worker Competance;: Decent workers

Environment: Hot; hotter in summer. My can depalletizer job was STRESSFUL! I lost 10 pounds during the 60 days I worked there. Do not mess up your orders or you will hear about it!!

From Alexandria, IN — 01/09/2008

I love my job but at the same time I hate it. The pay isn't horrible but it isn't great either. The stress level is unbelievable. You get blame for everything that happens on other shifts. It drives me nuts!