Working at Recondo Technology — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Recondo Technology pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Recondo Technology

From Denver, CO — 06/27/2010

Yes they have created jobs there. Thats a good thing. Goal, to automate medical insurance so that there are no surprises when you go to a facility on what you can expect out of pocket. Co Workers were knowledgeable and work hard. Management was "old time". Communication is extremely poor. You are constantly putting out fires and preventing new ones. They tend to fire if you don't keep up with your co workers, kinda understand. Its a start up company, and you work long hours. Most walk around stressed. Id consider all your options before you commit here.

From Greenwood Village — 07/20/2009

I just attended a class on Respectful Workplace. The HR people and the president taught it. I thought they were very sincere and meant what they said. The content was good and helpful. It seems like common sense, but I guess we all need to be reminded. It is just to treat other people like you want to be treated. There is a lot of deadline pressure here, but people usually treat each other in a good way.

From Colorado — 07/07/2009

I help sell Recondo's services to our hospital customers. We just completed
a National Sales Meeting where everyone from around the country got together. It was a terrific meeting. The company really invested in us. We spent
a day being trained to recognize our customers needs better. We also had
updates on the various services that we offer. I feel really good about working here.

From Colorado — 06/12/2009

Some people just like to spew sour grapes, and whiners are never a good fit for a start-up. I consider myself fortunate to have been hired at Recondo. Who employed these days isn't lucky? But, more so, who can say they have a job AND an opportunity to advance? Even though this site seems geared mostly as a microphone for the sour grapes, I could not resist putting in a note of appreciation for being on staff at Recondo.

From colorado — 05/14/2009

This is an exciting place to work. We have the most modern software tools, very cool.
The engineers here are very smart and we help each other, that is great. I am learning tons.

From denver — 04/24/2009

I work at RT. We had one of our customers talk to the whole company at a townhall meeting this
week. The customer told all of us how valuable our product was to him and his hospital. He
put big emphasis on how much better the hosptial could talk to patients about their funding
choices. Also they are collecting over four million dollars a year from patients who owe them money.

Anyway the talk made me feel like my hard work was worth something.

From Denver — 04/16/2009

Someone earlier commented on the title of this site, Jobvent. The point I guess is that most people do not vent in a positive way. It is like watching the news on cable, the news is almost all bad news. People need to point out the good

Anyway this company is three years old and has created 70 jobs in our economy. That is a good thing.
The company works for hosptials and trys to do a good job. The software is complicated and takes
hard work and talent to figure out. Most hospitals were trying to do this manually before and it wasn't easy for them. Our product is much better. I am proud of what we are doing.

There will always be complainers. What they say about Recondo is not fair in my personal opinion.

From Greenwood Village, CO — 04/10/2009

A former co-worker of mine told me about this site and I have to admit, I am totally baffled by it. The title itself “jobvent” sounds like just that – venting. How can it be expected that people would say nice things on a site geared at the frustrated and angry?

But anyway, I worked at Recondo and I liked it a lot. My compensation was quite fair (especially for a start-up), I was respected and listened to for my knowledge in my area, I was offered health and dental insurance, 401(k) (sure, there was no match, but I didn’t expect much else from a start up), long term disability, short term disability and the perks of often free food and some other fun pleasantries.

Job security was no different than I would expect from a small new company with a lot of work to get done – if you perform you are acknowledged and have great career growth opportunities, you don’t perform and you’re probably fired. I’ll admit there was no hiding - if you weren’t cutting it, people knew it, and the company didn’t seem to put up with it (that part made me really happy because I find there is nothing more demotivating than watching losers around you who aren’t held accountable while you work your butt off).

Work/life balance – that was up to me. The workload was high, but I just needed to manage my time well. If I needed help or didn’t think I couldn’t accomplish my tasks, I felt I could approach my management about it and they were understanding.

Location – the building was very nice and in a good place in the tech center.

Co-worker competence – they hired some really good people, I felt I was around most who knew what they were doing.

Work environment – building was nice and amenities were good, often free food and friendly people.

My last comment is this: since when is a decent paying job with benefits in a nice place with good people not enough? And this place was a lot more than that! I liked it, but even if I hadn’t – it’s work, people, not a spa.

From greenwood vil CO — 04/04/2009

Recondo helps hospitals do better financially which is good for all of us. The technical problems we solve are complex and it feels good when
you solve one. The people here work hard and are very talented.

From Centennial, CO — 04/14/2008

I can't say enough good things about this place, so I'll just stick to the bullet points.

Pay: The pay is right around where it should be considering my experience and technical knowledge.

Respect: Recondo truly respects their employees. I've talked to my fellow co-workers when I've needed assistance, and I've always been paid in respect (not to mention extremely competent answers). Managers are down to earth, and understand when something goes on that may interfere with work expectations.

Benefits: Short/Long term disability, awesome benefits, stock options, etc. This company values the health and wellbeing of its employees.

Job Security: This is a startup, so I ranked this a little lower.

Work/Life Balance: Balance is pretty good, especially since you commit to what work you do for any given amount of time. If you estimate correctly and work efficiently, then there's plenty of time to enjoy life. However, this company is not, and should not be your babysitter: if you have no idea what you're doing and can't self-manage, then you probably want to look elsewhere, or expect to work long hours.

Career Potential/Growth: I learn more here at Recondo in a month than I did at prior companies in a year. Things never get boring here, and it's a continual learning experience. Also, there are many ways to grow into a higher position here.

Location: I live 10 minutes away, so no complaints here.

Co-Worker Competence: I'm floored by some of the well-skilled, technologically intelligent people that work at Recondo. I'm always learning something new from them, it's an awesome experience.

Work Environment: We work hard and we play hard. Despite working hard, the environment here is extremely friendly, very responsible, and fun/humorous at times. Jokes are plentiful, and I walk into work (and out of work) each day with a smile on my face. :)