Working at Realtime Results — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Realtime Results pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Realtime Results

From STL, MO — 04/27/2010

If you planning to work for this company, here are couple of things that will make you a star. You will work with a lot of highly incompetent people who do not want to learn. The only education you need is Cover Your Ass 101 and Kiss Ass 400. Make sure you kiss ass as much as possible, but please remember than if something happens, there will be people standing in line to "throw you under the bus". And yes, do not ever try to do a good job, because you will end up cleaning up after numerous people who do not know what they are doing, but they will be sleeping at night, you won't. Otherwise the company is not that bad. Pay and benefits are pretty good (if you not a CSR), people are friendly, as long as your lips are stuck to their asses. So get a tube of super glue and good luck, current or future employees.

From St Louis — 03/09/2010

Realtime Results is okay to work for. If you get hired on at Realtime this is my advice. If you grasp the systems, great, once on the production floor keep to yourself, do the best you can do and be careful who you make friends with. A friend that thinks he/she is everything ur not, run the other way. There are individuals there that make more than Sup, able to pick their own schedule and basically sits behind a desk, or sits in a room by his/herself, or chats with his/her Sup all day. Yes, there is favortism there.
Unless you like to kiss face or lie, it will take you longer to advance. Thanks for reading.

From St Louis — 02/26/2010

I have seen a lot of complaints on this site about this company. I am relatively new to the realtimeresults family and have realized a few things. First I would like to say that just like any job you may have in your life it is what you make it. Yes there is a lot of information to learn but your given four weeks to learn the program as well as the multiple systems that you may need to use. If you pay attention and ask questions when you don't understand something you will succeed. One thing the company is huge on is attendance and adherance to your schedule. There is a reason for this, this is a call center and someone has to be at the phones to answer the calls to take care of the client. One of the guiding principles of this company is have fun and I have found so far this to be a fun environment to work in. Another is take care of each other I also see this emplemented on a regular basis as people are always helping each other. There is room for advancement with this company as long as you adhere to the policies and do a good job. My feeling about learning multiple jobs is this, the more you know/learn the more valuable you are to the company you are working for and the better chance for advancement. I want to say that my training process was exceptional and the trainer I had (not to be mentioned here) was the best I could have asked for. I feel she has prepared me for the job I will be performing well and now it is up to me to show I can perform.
If you feel that you cannot adhere to strict guidelines with a company then I suggest that you stay home and watch your soap operas as this is probably not for you. Any place you go in life is going to have rules there are rules in society that we have to follow on a regular basis. If you do decide to apply for this company then I suggest you pay attention and have the goal of succeeding.

From 63026 — 05/14/2009

I have worked at Realtime for 2 years now, and i can say that i think they are a great company to work for.
First of all, if you are reading any of these threads talking negatively on Realtime, or any company for that matter, take a look at the language usage, no offence but if you cant spell, you probably wont advance within any company.
Second, not only do the supervisors and team leads give praise for a job well done, ive seem emails from the president of the company himself praising a csr for a job well done, and they do constant coaching on how to better utlize job aids and skills on the job. What it really comes down to is if that particular rep really wants to excel at the job or if he or she really just doesnt care and gets mad because they get the boot for not doing a job correctly, and im sorry but that is the way it should be.
The one thing i think should happen though is better screening at hire. That would be this company's biggest problem. The quality of people they take in leads to higher turnover rates.

They need to have drug screening at hire and some sort of competency test.
If that happens, this company will be going somewhere.

From 63146 — 03/15/2009

I work at Realtime Results and I love my job. I know many others also enjoy their job, but some others clearly do notÖ Are there challenges? You bet but there are challenges everywhere.

Pay: It starts at $10 per hour, which isnít great but itís more than I previously made. Iíve also received monthly incentives for performance and attendance. Some pretty awesome prizes!

Benefits: From my perspective I think this is the best thing Realtime offers. I have personal, vacation and sick time off. The healthcare benefits are affordable, with a dental and a vision package I need.

Job Security: Iíve been here for a relatively short time but I feel like I have job security, although I know in this economy anything can happen. My plan is to work hard, establish myself as a valuable employee to create my own job security.

Work/Life Balance: Yeah, youíre going to work hard but itís not overwhelming. There are times when a lot of changes are happening and that can be tough. I think the managers know it and thatís why we have food days, which helps.

Career Potential/Growth: A lot of people have been promoted since I started so there are definitely career opportunities.

Location: We have a really nice office and itís a great location. There are places to walk, eat and shop, plus weíre close to the highway.

Co-worker competence: I have met great people and Iím happy to work side-by-side with them. What can I say, but Iím part of a good team.

Work environment: Everyone contributes to the work environment. Itís created by each and every employee. If you focus on the positive, it's a great place to work, but if youíre negative, its not. Itís up to you!

From St. Louis, MO — 01/03/2009

Realtime Results is a good place to work. There is plenty of opportunity to prove yourself and move up in the company. Some of the policies are strict but that is normal business places. They promote a friendly and respectful work environment. The managers and supervisors are open to talk to with any concerns.

From St. Louis, MO — 08/16/2008

Pay: Wages for associate positions are $10.00/hr. This is far better than food service, manufacturing or hospitality in the STL area. In comparison to other call centers the pay is above the current market. Supervisors enjoy above average salaries and this is a good thing as 90% of the staff level positions are promoted from with in.

Respect: This is a two way street. Most employees that give respect feel like they receive it in return. If you approach your position professionally then you will have no problems with RTR.

Benefits: Above average with a 50/50 split for associates. In addition to health care, associates receive 5 vacation days, 6 sick days and 2 personal days. This is better than most call centers in STL.

Job Security: This is a solid 5. RTR has recently opened it's 3rd call center in STL and rumor has it that they are looking at a 4th. I would say job security is high as other call centers continue to downsize..

Work Life Balance: Solid. You may have to work evenings but can work your way into a better shift with the shift bid program they have in place. Shift bids occur every 90 days so you can bid your way into a better shift by performing.

Career Potential: High. Those associates that perform at a high level are rewarded with opportunities. Advancement is based on attendance, performance, quality as previous skills/education. It's a level playing field..

Location: (3) locations in STL and all are alligned with the bus lines and close to major interstates. Great Locations

Co-Workers: You will not find a better group of teammates. Going to work is actually fun!!

Work Environment: Nice work environment. RTR has core values posted throughout the center and the management true believes in what they are doing. From manaagers to entry level associates...everyone at RTR works hard and has fun.

From St Louis, MO — 08/09/2008

Realtime Results is a rapidly growing company. Someone on this site said they have a lot of ads all the time, that is because they have grown from just a few employees a couple years ago to close to over 500 currently. This company has become the preferred vendor for AT&T's retail solutions. This has lead to additional opportunities by AT&T as well as other telecommunication companies. There are not many other companies in the St Louis area that can brag they have expanded thier operations as quickly as Realtime has and I am happy to be a part of it. Sure with that much growth, it gets bumpy at times, but I see everyone working hard to make things better and smooth out pretty fast.

Pay- The pay is almost $2.00 more an hour hirer than than what you would get at other call centers who are much larger and offer the same kind of work. You get an annual increase, but if you prove yourself, I see a lot of people move up fast and pay is increased.

Respect-I have never worked anywhere where the President of the company cares as much about his employees as as Realtime. He is concerned about the rising costs of gas and commutes our employees have to make, so they offer more flexible- 4 day a week shifts to help with this. Employees who want to be at work get all the respect they deserve. Employees who only show up for a paycheck and don't want to work get counselled on how to improve their performance and choose thier own fate. Some of them have chosen to come to this website and rant because they weren't allowed to manipulate the system the way they wanted so they found themselves without a job. I don't see managers playing favorites. It just boggles the mind that some employees are continually late or don't pull their orders the way they are supposed to, but then they get upset if something is said. That doesn't make sence to me.

Benefits- The company offers the standard Medical, Dental and Life insurance which is free. But they actually pay for 50% of my price and my families for the medical. Not many companies are doing that anymore. We get vacation days, sick days and personal days to take, that is more than fair.

Job Security- With the ecomomy the way it is, it feels really secure that I am working for a company has is rapidly expanding. We are getting more new contracts to work on all the time. I see new hire classes filling the training room to beyond capacity every week. I don't see that they hire anyone, I hear they turn down more than they take. I heard someone was upset that their friend was wasn't hired becuase they had too many jobs, its good to see that we have standards.

Work/Life Balance- Schedules are given out for an entire quarter of the year, so there is a lot of advance notice to plan your life and activities around your schedule. If you can, you can do a shift trade and not even have to burn a vacation day to cover it. I have heard that other companies I have prefiously named offer shifts only a week at a time.

Career Potential/Growth: This is through the roof, there are atleast 5 emails a day with people being promoted right now.

Location- All are good

Co-Worker Compentence- Everyone has to go through a test to get hired, training is evaluated and if you don't pass the tests in training, you don't make it through without either more help or employees get let go. Again, it is good to see we have standards and with as much hiring thats been going on to fill all the new seats, a few bad apples are going to make it through, but they work themselves out on their own.

Work Environment- I think for the most part it is a fun place to work and I think the employees feel appreciated for their efforts, but there could always be more contests to win and appreciation days, etc.

From St Louis, MO — 06/02/2008

This is a great company to work for. You get pay, benefits and incentives such as gift cards, additional days off and Jean's day plus ice cream socials, barbeques and more. A job well done is always rewarded and all promotions are from with in the company. Hours may very but you know this up front before you are hired.