Working at ReachLocal Inc. — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about ReachLocal Inc. pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at ReachLocal Inc.

From Plano, TX — 10/21/2010

ReachLocal is an amazing place to work. I couldn’t be happier. The management truly cares their employees, ensuring you are in the right position. They can sense when you are good at something and make sure your skills are being used. The culture is comfortable yet intense. Hard work pays off and is recognized. I can actually say I love going to work each day.

From Plano, TX — 09/15/2010

Working at ReachLocal has been a great experience. The work environment is a balanced mix of hard work and fun co-workers. I would recommend working for ReachLocal to any of my friends. I feel lucky to have this job.

From Chicago, IL — 08/31/2010

After reading some of the reviews about ReachLocal posted by former employees and unhappy clients, I feel compelled to share my thoughts. It seems review sites are always dominated by negativity, so I thought it would be useful to hear about the good stuff.

I’ve been an Internet Marketing Consultant (IMC) with ReachLocal for over 2 years and take great pride in the positive impact we have upon the businesses we support. As someone who grew up in a family owned and operated small business, one of the most rewarding parts of the job is helping local and regional businesses survive (and thrive!) in this economy by understanding the shift from print to digital advertising and making smart decisions.

Online marketing/advertising can be complicated and businesses can easily waste a lot of money if not done properly. My clients see me as a hard-working, trusted member of their team, and by educating them and getting to know their unique needs, we partner to build targeted, strategic online campaigns. I help them allocate their online ad budgets wisely and provide tons of free advice on topics like Google Map Listings, SEO and effective Facebook strategies. One of the best parts is that our technology & reporting allows clients to actually see results by listening to phone calls, viewing “Contact Us” forms submitted, and measuring return on investment at all times- pretty cool.

We are constantly striving to improve the ways we support our advertisers, manage campaigns and hire the best of the best. If I were a business trying to bring in new customers or a talented sales/marketing professional looking for a true career, I would for sure invest the time to check out ReachLocal.

From Dallas, TX — 08/05/2010

Overall, this is a great company. Yes, it is a sales organization, and it is tough. I would suspect that the negative reviews are primarily from IMCs that didn't make it. Core competencies to be successful with ReachLocal include an unwavering drive and focus, sacrifice, vision, passion and, last but certainly not least, an overwhelming desire to succeed. ReachLocal has not become the company it is today by settling or just being satisfied with the status quo. Those who join ReachLocal and are successful are those who can see and embrace the bigger picture and be willing and able to "make it happen." No, it is not the right environment for everyone, and although RL leadership works diligently to hire the right person the first time, there is no silver bullet. The turnover rate for IMCs with the company for less than 12 months is generally around 35%. This number, although not what RL wants, is in line with industry standards. The turnover rate for senior IMCs is significantly lower (around 15%). No organization is perfect, and there are always going to be opportunities for improvement. However, overall, ReachLocal is dedicated to the talent that it has within its family. I'm not a manager trying to spin all the negative reviews into positives. I'm not wearing rose colored glasses. The way I see it, "ReachLocal isn't perfect, but it's definitely worth it.

From Plano/Dallas TX — 07/28/2010

Working at ReachLocal has definitely been a great work experience compared to other companies I have worked for in the past. ReachLocal invests a lot of time into finding the right people and train them to be successful. The interview process was a bit lengthy but I understand, they are looking for strong caliber people to be a part of the team to get the job done. Part of the interview process allowed me to be interviewed by many of my future team members who really knew what their roles were and how to pull together as a team. This really did sell me on the idea that I would be able to contribute and ask for help when needed.

Since joining the ReachLocal Marketing team I have worked on launching some exciting new products/services as well as developing marketing tools that promote our brand and support the sales team. I really enjoy the consultative approach that we bring to our customers. We work hard to make sure that the tips and guidance we give will only help our customers take control of their online presence. I like that its not always sales driven but creating great content that our IMCs can share with their customers. I really notice the great work ethic, overall company moral and vision that employees and the leaders of ReachLocal have throughout the organization. The leadership truly has a plan of where we are going and what ReachLocal can do to change the online world.

If I had one thing that I wish ReachLocal could do better is offer a 401K match program but overall a great company, great benefits and great vision.

If you don’t want to work hard and just collect a paycheck ReachLocal is not the place for you but if you do work hard, push yourself and have a team to back you up with a leadership that recognizes your efforts then ReachLocal is the place for you.