Working at Raymour & Flanigan Furniture — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Raymour & Flanigan Furniture pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Raymour & Flanigan Furniture

From CT — 06/16/2010

I LOVE THIS PLACE!! One of the best Companies I've worked for - EVER! This is a Company that loves to develop great leaders and promote from within, so career opportunities are great if you are a performer. I love that the owners are involved in the business as well - not as micro-managers, but rather as partners. They are out in the showrooms on a regular basis talking to associates, wanting to hear what's happening in their communities..."what are customers saying, what do they want that we don't offer", "what can we do for you", etc. And they listen and take action on things that make sense. They also know you, in a Company that has over 4000 associates, they know who you are and appreciate what you do. They understand the value of great training and offer a comprehensive training program to new associates, as well as a state-of-the-art training facility for their leadership development training. I also love that I work with some of the best people - truly good people with strong values, and work ethics. For anyone badmouthing Raymour & Flanigan on this site, I can only say that we hold people accountable, and Management holds themselves and their associates to a high standard. Our customers deserve the best experience from the best, most professional, associates. If you are holding yourself to the same high standards, you will thrive at this Company, if you don't.... well, good luck!

From Upstate NY — 02/23/2010

After reading these reviews, I realize who these people are.... These are the people who just could not live up to the expectations of Raymour. Most of the reviews sound like they're coming from previous leaders that just didn't "fit' the Raymour culture. They talk about numbers and bonuses, but not about the people. As with any business, there are positives and negatives, not everyone will be happy. But to bash a company because you just didn't fit the culture, this is not an accurate account of the business. There are a lot of politics involved at the Regional level and higher. This is where we fail as a company. If there are strong leaders at the manager and sup level, the business will flourish. The people at Raymour are what keeps the business going. This is the case for most of the locations throughout the company.

A bunch of the reviews come from the NJ metro area. Understandably so.... There is HUGE amounts of turnover in this market. This is the newest market, and needs time to grow... Give it time and it will shine....

Ahh, the Philly market and Upstate.... Good luck trying to get promoted there. The managers are there to stay, not a lot of movement there. Most of the buildings run very smoothly, as they are all very seasoned.

Raymour is a great place to grow your career. There have been many, many associates who have started at entry level positions and are now VP's.

In closing, there are a lot of haters out there that just don't get what Raymour is about. Looking past the negatives and focusing on the postives is the way to be successful, just like in any company. You make it enjoyable and successful, others can not change that as long as you stick to your guns.

From Randolph, NJ — 02/05/2010

The company is run at the top through intimidation and brain-washing. Like many others have said, the company claims to be "associate-friendly" but that is in words only, not actions.

To be successful, you don't need to know furniture, how to lead people, or anything to do with the industry; you just need to know how to blindly follow orders from tyrants. If you do that, you'll be considered a good associate. If you voice your opinion about things that clearly go against your values and common sense, you'll be targeted as a problem-child and will either be fired and destined for career purgatory as long as you stay there.

It's actually really a shame to see the amount of good people that have been forced away from the company because they wouldn't sell their souls. And it's equally frustrating to see good people who've turned bad by getting caught up in the Raymour way.

I'm so thankful I got out when I did. Not a moment too soon.

From Syracuse, New Yok — 11/27/2008

Overall, a very good company to work for. Only gripe is retail hours are sometimes difficult on family life. The company provides pretty good benefits, and good internal promotion opportunities. The owners arepersonally involved in the company and always are out in the stores asking for input form all of the associates.