Working at Randstad — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Randstad pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Randstad

From West — 09/21/2010

If you are looking for a great career I would say Randstad is the place to be! I have been with the company for years and I look forward to many more! Come on they recognize you for your contributions and accomplishments. I want you to hear it so you can join an excellent winning team that has great success!

From Tigard, OR — 07/04/2009

I went in for a call center interview with Randstad, and they ended up finding me an awesome work-at-home job. Everyone at the Randstad office has always been really helpful and kind. The benefits are great and I get paid on a weekly basis, which is nice.

From Pleasanton CA — 06/11/2009

I have worked internally at Randstad for 10 years (i worked at a company that was aqquired by Randstad) and I think its a great company. I have worked in quite a few different branches over the years, and I know practically everyone on the West Coast and everyone works really hard at the Randstad core values of KNOW SERVE TRUST. I see some of the negative comments and I would just say that there is 2 sides to every story. The staffing business is incredibly demanding, especially now in this economy. Our business has been impacted the same as everyone else. I can say that I am currently working with some of the best people I have ever known. The climate is more competitive right now that it has been in years. Another of Randstads core values is the simultaneous promotion of all interests. That means we want everyones well being, our clients, our talent, our internal staff, our local community and the world at large. I am positive that if any issues I see people complaining about here were actually brought to someone at Randstad, that it would be handled with professionalism and compassion.

From Piscataway NJ — 01/31/2009

I have worked for Randstad on and off for a few years. What people do not understand is that it is a temp agency and they do offer some great benefits. They are selective with who they hire because they really take their time to understand you. I think that they get a bad wrap because people walk in the door with minimal skills and Randstad turns them away. They have paid me decent, been respectful and honest. Work life balance is pretty invalid because they make a commitment to their clientele. I have relied on them when I really needed it and they always come through. They are one of the higher caliber agencies and I dont think I could fill their shoes. My experience has always been positive and I would recommend using to anyone who needs a job as long as they are qualified.

From Milwaukee Wisconsin — 01/27/2009

My experience with ranstad was really bad, I was hired to work for them on assignment at Wells Fargo Bank. It took them 2 months for me to start, then The 2nd week I was fired for going to the bathroom.
They said " youve been going to the bathroom to much we have to terminate your position,im sorry.

From Fort worth, Tx — 07/12/2008

I have been an employee with Randstad on and off since 2004. I have 0 complaints. They are a great company to work for, I have never had an issue with them. I wanted to add that this a temporary agency and YOU ARE your job security. If you do well, the company that you are temping at will keep you. That's it, theres nothing more to that. Be a good employee and do your job and your job is secure. The office I work for is excellent. They do a wonderful job of visiting us onsite in case of any questions or concerns. On my 3rd week of emloyment I realized i hadn't signed up for benefits (which aren't the greatest but they are inexpensive and you get benefits as soon as you sign up for them which can be the first week after being billed) I called the Randstad office (about 3 blocks away) and the rep was nice enough to bring me the benefits enrollment package. What employer does that. It was hot that day too. Anyway, there are always gonna be complainers and whiny people, but as far as the Fort worth office (which is located in Downtown Fort worth) goes, they are the best temporary agency I have ever worked for.

From IL — 04/08/2008

I must say, I have read a lot of criticizing feedback on how Randstad is a horrible place to work internally or temporary for that matter. I work internally for a branch in Illinois. They are sales driven, and must meet constant demand of finding temporary employees work! This is not a job that is laid back, with no sense of urgency. it is a very demanding-extremely competitive market that only wants winner's on their team. In addition to the temporary employees that made several comments listed below, please note... It is at the clients discretion to release you from a position, and not RANDSTAD. ~ If you have a poor work ethic, or are operating in sub-par levels you will get released! Point made simple. It is not the agents fault that an employee working for one of our offices is incapable of handling the position requirements!!!

From Georgia — 09/21/2007

This is a great company to work for. I worked for them for over 5 years as an agent and then manager in one of their offices. They pay well and are very supportive with family and personal needs as they arise. This is a sales job and you are expected to perform with results. But how can they afford to pay us, give great benefits, great vacation time, flexibility with family needs and more if there is not money being made, so this is only fair. I loved the company and left to be a stay at home mom. To respond to the comments made re: temporary work, the staffing industry is exactly that and that is why companies go to a staffing agency to do their temporary, seasonal, and temp to hire job searches for them. The agency loves to keep people working but there are no guarantees in this line of work. The positive side to taking a a job through an agency is you get a chance to get your food in the door with some companies that do not hire on their own.