Working at Rainsville Technology, Inc. (RTI) — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Rainsville Technology, Inc. (RTI) pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Rainsville Technology, Inc. (RTI)

From Rainsville, AL — 07/08/2010

It is hot but not as bad as other plants I've been in. RTI did put in big fans to help move the air around so that helps. And not many places this size have air conditioning like RTI. The benefits are great and cheap! We get bonuses when company is doing good which is AWESOME! I was surprised to get an extra one for summer. We get lunches and picnics again. I also think there is room to move up if you want the stress that is. More so now that business is better. I personally don't fear too much for my job here because A) I come to work everyday, on time and B) I do my job. I want to work with others who do this too, unfortunately not everyone feels this way. If they keep screwing things up and don't care if they send bad parts, it only makes my & everyone's bonus go down and I need the $. If you are paying more attention to their boy/girlfriends that what you are doing, then yeah, you end up messing up parts and if you do that enough, they will get rid of you. duh! And if you don't come to work, then I have to work overtime to make up for your lazy -ss and that ticks me off! So yeah, if they get rid of you and hire a temp that will come to work, then great, I get to see my kids more. As for OT, they take volunteers first, then the ones that worked the least hours, get assigned the overtime. Is fair to me. And I'd rather have OT than short hours like 2 yrs ago.

I've seen people sick and out for months and come back to work so they don't just can you because you were really sick. Its the ones that milk it for all its worth and are late everyday and out every week that need to go. Those people are the ones that don't care about the rest of us. Most of the people, including supervisors are nice and do work hard. Its not a hard or bad place to work, I really like it here and hope to be there a long time.

From Rainsville — 02/05/2010

It is a mostly good. The HR people are great- Lacey Brown, Andrea Gregory & Lara Little.. The pay could be better but its an all right place. I'm please anyways.

From Rainsville, al — 01/09/2010

It is a nice company to work for. It is demanding from time to time but it is a job. Not a vacation spot, like some of these guys think. They have done a lot for their associates.

From rainsville — 03/16/2009

RTI is a good place to work. The pay is not the best in the area but it certainly is not the worst either.The insurance is good, where else can you get BCBS for 7$ a week? The dental plan could be much better but they recently upgraded the vision so maybe dental will be next.
There is potential for Growth at RTI. I have seen people get promoted that I never thought would. Mainly in Quality, logistics, and paint. I am concerned with some recent decisions, I do not want to get shaken or yelled at by the assistant managers, but I can go to my TL and I can go to the senior manager if need be. Job security has been rocky lately due to economic reasons but before this it was great. I have watched plenty of people lay out of work a lot and the TL's do nothing, as well as cover for people with HTR issues.
RTI is clean and climate controlled, if you have ever worked in a warehouse that was not you would appreciate what we have there.
Co worker are the best I have found, you still have the gossip and stuff you have in other mills but it is good.
Yall hang in there RTI is a good place to work and we will make it through this!!!

From rainsville alabama — 02/02/2009

i worked for rti 3 years and i liked working there. you didnt get the respect u deserve the pay could have been higher our sister companies paid employees more. job security not good we seen people in high places get fired. growth in the company all depended on who u were friends with. location pretty good. loved the people i worked with. it was stressful at times. they tell u something one day then change it the next. i took the severance package to give someone else a chance at keeping their job. i never once heard of higher management taking a pay cut to help out except the ones that were demoted. i would go back to work for this company.

From rainsville — 01/30/2009

i have been there for 3yrs and 5m and i dont want to come to work one day and they have to tell me to go i like ever one i work with they are just like my family and i dont want to see them go. this week have been hard on ever one there b/c we dont know what they are going to do. when people would ask me it i like working there i said yes will now i dont know what to say to them but it a job and it pay my bills that if we get to work a full week i just dont want to see people go and i dont want to see that place go down

From rainsville alabama — 11/04/2008

Insurance being cheap is the best thing about working here. They do not take into consideration how long you have worked here or how good a worker you are, if you dont kiss up to management you can find yourself demoted with no warning. Favoritism is how they decide everything. Posting jobs internally is a joke here, they know who is getting the posted job the day it is posted and the interviews are a sham. Taking away Christmas bonuses is inexcusable. Their employees deserve their bonuses, cutbacks for hardtimes should be made elsewhere. All is not bad tho, there are a lot of nice teamleaders on the floor who try to treat their GAs with respect. Remember The Insurance...RTI

From Rainsville, AL — 10/29/2008

Every place has its own share of problems but I like working here too. I woked at places worse where nobody cared. Here it is clean and managment seems to want to listen not just saying no everytime. Times are bad now but there has been a lot of good changes people forget. Insurance is really good and I would like more chances to get a higher job.

From Rainsville, AL — 10/11/2008

The Pay is actually very good for our area. when I started there the respect, work environment, and job security seemed great. It seems to all be going downhill at a rapid pace. I find it bad management to "let someone go" without at least a few days notice. Especially when they are hard workers and have put everything into their job to prove themselves. I understand we are going through cut backs, but for crying outloud do not wait until 3:45 on Friday afternoon to tell someone they are fired. The favortism is unreal..and they tell us the internal job postings are to make things fair. That is bull, they have someone doing a job for 9 months, then post the job as a Technician (which means more money) interview a couple of people and guess who gets the job..the one with the most experience..well of course because he has been doing it 9 months already!