Working at Railcrew Xpress — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Railcrew Xpress pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Railcrew Xpress

From Amarillo,Tx — 08/23/2010

Pay sucks,if railcrew cared about there employees they would do something about getting us all raises. Do something, so much turn over and that would stop if we could get good pay.Benefits aren't that good.They also suck.The yard drivers should get better pay, at least 75.00 a day plus mileage just like the rest of us.We have two BNSF drivers that drive the carryall van in the yard, these guys make around 125.00 for there shift, but spend most of there time hidding in the office behind there desk.WE may make 57.00, that sucks,we work are asses off to make 57.00 and the BNSF drivers sit on there ass doing nothing while, we the railcrew drivers bust are ass to make 57.00.This isn't right.WE should all get a good pay raise and we all get mileage.That little bit extra money helps.Railcrew made some 45 million dollars last year,what did they do for there employees, nothing spend 10,000 on running boards for the crews.The people sit behind a desk at railcrew and think of all kind of ways to make money, but the drivers like me that work there ass off for this company wonder, will we ever get a raise, or is railcrew going to keep bullshitting there employees about giving raises.Why is it so hard for the top man at railcrew to give us raises.What would happen to railcrew if all the drivers decided not to work for two days, what would that do to this company and how much would you lose.Well this can happen if we all get together nationwide, wouldn't giving us raises be better then going through something like this.

From Hearne, TX — 01/03/2010

I worked for RailcrewXpress in Hearne TX and quit for a better paying job only to have problems with the manager at Cefco and all the straining I had to do stocking the shelfs. I didn't know what bad management was until then. The manager in Hearne had to listen to me and everyone else's complaining and still had a smile for everyone and a positive outlook and the most vital compassion for all. I only knew of one that would bad mouth the management in Hearne and he is gone because of fault of his on making. If someone wants to bad mouth Railcrew then get out and give it to us who have learned.

From texarkana — 12/24/2009

it,s been a real pleasure working here.

From amory ms — 09/23/2009

It's a pretty good place to work .the pay is about min. wage .The work is min.and easy ,i've worked a lot harder for a lot less .I hear a few workers gripe about the pay ,If they don't like it they can go to mcdonalds and work alot harder.

From Ft. Worth, Texas — 08/16/2009

Railcrewxpress has come a long way in a short time from what I have seen. The pay could be better, but it is the amount all employees hiring on were told it would be. I have worked with some good people and great customers. Benefits are 100 times what they were with companies before railcrew and are headed in the right direction. I feel no worries about the security of my job as long as I do the job I was hired to do. I have seen good people move up in a short time with this company, because they put forth the effort and showed management they were ready for the responsibility. Location follows along with the customers location as you would expect with any job. I have to say I feel the competence of my co-workers to be lacking at times. They spend all day complaining about a job that is exactly what they were told it would be. They complain about the pay they were told about when hiring on. They complain about the minimal amount of work they do and they all know without a doubt this is the easiest job there is. They complain about the dress code that was laid out in the employee handbook when theyu hired on. The complain that 2 or 3 times a day they have to get off of their butts to walk around their vehicle for the service to the customer and for safety. They complain about everything, but are still here. I feel that the work enviroment is a great and safe one other than listening to my coworkers whine.

From Kansas — 05/13/2009

I have worked here for 3 years now and yes thing could be better. A lot better in fact. Things are bad everywhere now and when ever the day looks bad,I tell myself thank you lord that I am not one of the millions of people unemployed today. The pay is not the best by a long shot. But it's better than sleeping under a bridge somewhere. I don't have a boss standing over me all day I get to drive which is something I do injoy. I could be working a Mcdonalds in a hot kitchen. Are the vans in good shape they should and would be if all the drivers took care of them the way I do instead of driving them like they stole it.No one has ever made me drive an unsafe van. The people that have worked here longer than I have if they would tell the truth they would have to admit that this company is a 100 times better that it was. At least we now have some bennifts. Career growth is there if you prove yourself. For those who have true complaints please take advantage of the Employee Hotline because I know it works. 888-347-1206. I have to say the last 18 months here I have sean a lot of very positive changes and I believe that it will and is getting better everyday. Everyone has to do their part.

From Boone Iowa — 03/19/2009

the company is what you make of it. Ive been employed since 2005 and have had very few problems other than lower pay scale.

From Ogden, Utah — 03/15/2009

I was a location manager but was called a leaddriver the pay was dropped from $1600.00 a month to 147.35 every to weeks when i took the job . I had a great group of drivers we went the worst hub to the best in Utah in one year and were only getting better the van were being fixed the hours were being dirstrubuted evenly . The area manager was a yes man and not for the drivers in this area .I had to fight to get anything for my vans or drivers .When railcrew lost the contact in Utah all the drivers lost there jobs and had to sign on with a new conpany (coach america) and they are alot worse than Railcrew . At least with Railcrew we knew where we stood .The only protection the drivers had was me ,and I have been out of work since that time . The area manager that was here Blackballed me with the company because I would not hire on with the new company and can not get anyone at Railcrew tocall me to find out the truth that i was the real location manager not just a leaddriver.

From Lenexa, KS — 02/16/2009

While I haven't been with the company very long, I can see that everyone cares about the success of Railcrew. I enjoy being at work each day, and everyone always has a kind word. There will always be days that are better than others, but knowing that each person I work with in the office and out in the field want the best for the company makes it worth coming to work every day. My co-workers are friendly, helpful and courteous to everyone and try go above and beyond to help all who call in for assistance. I really enjoy my job:)

From Toronto, ON — 12/04/2008

I've been checking this site pretty regularly for quite a while now, and as a former co-worker (not Management) of most of you that post on this site, I have to say that for the most part, I have understood and in many cases agreed with the messages that have been posted. Unlike the majority of people who post here though, I worked in the Toronto office so I was able to see both sides of the coin, and it was frustrating sometimes seeing the posts because we worked really hard up here trying to establish consistency in policy and administration, and our constant and ongoing frustration was the lack of consistent compliance with some really solid policies/procedures, programs and systems whether it was the parade of PDA's, AMS usage, Application Processing etc and so on. The biggest impediment we had to getting our jobs done properly was the lack of consistent field compliance with the policies/procedures, programs and systems that were put in place. Everyone wants to complain about how they didnít get their cheque, but what they donít say is that they didnít complete the proper paperwork; everyone wants to complain that a new hire is taking too long, but what they donít say is that the application processing team has been waiting for the driver photo for a week; everyone wants to complain that the PDAís were useless, but what they donít say is that half the drivers werenít trained properly, the other almost a half knew how to use them just didnít like them or didnít WANT to use them (there were some areas that were using them just fine). We saw it all time after time up here, so there are two sides.

Iím not trying to start yet another finger pointing contest, honestly it doesnít affect me anymore, but over the past couple of years I got to know a lot of you and formed relationships with many of you, Iím sure (I donít know or care whoís who on here). Regardless of the growing pains of the company, remember that the idea of the company in the first place was an AMAZING idea and at this point is a relatively stable income source for over 1000 people. Thatís something you need to hold on to, especially in these tough(ening) times. Take some responsibility and take advantage of the theoretically really good foundations that have now been laid out for you. If you donít, all the infighting and finger pointing could result in EVERYBODY losing their jobs if the top dogs finally throw their hands up in frustration and give up.

I hope the good and the bad gets sorted out in RCX for the sake of all the good hearted folk out there just trying to make a living. I miss talking to yíall regularly and sometimes wish it was about two years ago (if I knew then what I know now LOL). I wish you all the best!