Working at Race Trac — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Race Trac pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Race Trac

From west florida — 07/24/2010

I've been hearing a lot about this website so I decided to check it out.this is my first time on here and wow!what I've noticed is everyone who is commenting on here is unhappy. Well let's make this simple maybe its you?everyone I've met working throughout the area loves racetrac.I guess if you're a slacker,well you're going to get treated as such. Don't expect the os to pat you on the back for doing your job.its not kindergarten.grow up,do your job and guess what you will get recognized. People get fired because they deserve to. Its not like the os or sm can call someone and say hey I don't like you and let's fire so and so tonight.no its a process and its a direct reflection of what an employee does-or lack of in most cases. Keep doing what you do racetrac.the peanut gallery will eventually realize some people just don't work as hard as others. Stop whining and do your job.its really not that hard.what's really hard is dealing with trailer park trash employees who sit and comment about how much the bosses suck.look in the mirror,and brush your tooth.

From Cornelia, GA — 06/21/2010

I have been reading a crap load of bad reviews on Race Trac. And i notice that most of them are coming from FL. Now i dont know how it is in FL. but in GA.... working at Race Trac isnt all that bad... if you are the kind of person that doesnt mind doing a lot of work. its not one of those jobs that lets you have a crap load of free time.. like walmart or something. youre always doing something. if its not stocking its cleaning.. if not that then running the cash register.. if not that then sweeping the lot.. or fixing paper jams.. or replacing paper. its just a very busy work environment. if thats not for you then FREAKING QUIT.. dont just complain about it and rate the company based on your lack of work ethic. it is strenuous work and can be tough at times. oh well.. get over it. the Race Trac i work at makes around 70 grand a week. thats not huge.. but it is big. so we are busy... busier than most gas stations around there. the company is great to work for. they treat you well. and you get a raise within a year working there... at least in GA you do. you start at $8.50 and then within a year move to $8.75. thats not too bad.. i have a friend that works at DQ and has been there for 4 years and only makes $7.75. and he's had raises. so when compared to other part time jobs.. wages arent too bad. and yes when you are scheduled to work.. youre expected to. and most of the time they will keep you past your posted time to leave. but they need you there. youre getting paid for it so it shouldnt be a big deal. and the people that have given the company a bad review MUST have bad managers. bc mine.. if i have something to do that day and it was important for me to leave at my scheduled time.. they would understand... its happened. plenty of times. and ive been working there for a while. now i dont know if you could support a family.. certainly not a big one.. but if you are a single.. maybe a spouse or something... its a decent job. it is hard work.. make no mistake. but its a good experience... i guess not in floridas race tracs though. lol

From Crystal River, FL — 06/19/2010

There must be something wrong with me!!! I'm happy to be there.

From W-FL — 06/19/2010

for all of you going on here crying about how horrible ur job is grow up you sound like a bunch of lil girls and its so very sad news flash if you dont like the job get a new one cause its not a prison camp so your free to leave and dont let the door hit you where the good lord split you cause I know plenty of hard working employees that will take your hours and if your reply is "I cant find one" then apparently the common denominator is you and ur bad attitude no one said it was gonna be a walk in the park because if that was the case you would have never got the job to begin with no one would ever leave so put on your big boy panties and deal with it but i have to say one thing It has brought My store closer together laughing about the stuff thats said about our old o/s and our new o/s exspecialy since we all know who you are and you wonder why they make your job so miserable but im sure you just gonna keep coming on here crying so I look forward to laughing at you somemore

From florida — 05/06/2010

racetrac was a great choice for a career path. I dont know why people complain. The way the economy is your lucky to have a job. I mean there is room to grow if you get off your butt and do something. I have been in the company for 2 years now and I love my job and its not because i kiss a** its because I worked my butt off. I hate seeing people complain, i mean if you dont like the company quit. there is no way for the company to advance with attitudes like yours.

From Atlanta, GA — 04/26/2010

Great Family company that takes care of its own. Advancement is only limited to your ability and that is all you can ask for. Awesome company to work for.

From SSC — 03/25/2010

If you work hard, it's noticed. Every employee wears many hats and not everyone is cut out for this environment. I mean, really people, it is a 24 hour convenience station, did you think you'd have time to slack off?

From palmetto fl — 03/21/2010

it is who you know and not what you know

From crystal river fl — 03/13/2010

I liked working for this company and if I could go back I would the only complaint or anything I would have would be the DM in the areas cause I know of 2 (one is no longer with the company) that likes to blame others for things instead of talking to the ones that cause problems and there is to much "he said" "she said" stuff in the stores and its not only managers standing around like they say I have seen associates and swing managers stand around and expect other employees to do their work for them so they can stand outside and talk or talk on the phones and personal phones ......I would love to work again for racetrac cause i had a great boss and she will always be a great boss to me and she brings alot of people up when they start at the bottom.......I dont have any complaints about working for the company it is a job and if you want the pay then you need to do your job and not worry about what others are doing

From FTM Area, Fl — 03/13/2010

After reading through the reviews and comments posted here I feel that they are very inaccurate and give a false impression of Racetrac. I have been with the company for almost 2 and a half years now and my experience has been nothing short of GREAT! Racetrac does have high exoectations and standards for their management team but they are certainly not unreal or unattainable. As far as upper level management like the RM and the head of HR, they are great too. Since they have been in place I have noticed a vast improvement in the enviroment inside the store (team members are happier, stores are cleaner) and opportunities for advancement have seemed to grow by leaps and bounds. If you show up to work and do your job well you will move forward. A lot of people on here complaining about not moving up should take a look at themselves and ask "What am I doing to make myself stand out amongst others".

So all in all I would recommend RaceTrac as a company to work for to anyone. The banefits are great, the pay is exceptional for our areas, and the opportunities for advancement are huge!