Work at R & L Carriers — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about R & L Carriers pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at R & L Carriers

From South Windsor Ct — 03/14/2009

3rd senior driver so job security isn't really a factor.I like working for R&L far better than I did working for FedEx freight.The pay is good but it would be nice if they would realize they don't pay us time and a half when they push the start times.The benefits are OK and the resorts are not a bad benefit but nothing great.My TM is a level headed guy and treats you well if you do your job and work hard for him however the morning supervisor is completely inept.He is incredibly stupid and constantly makes mistakes.Our dispatcher is a good man and tries hard but has on many occasions sent drivers way out of their way for no reason other than not picking up the phone ahead of time.I like the company as a whole however upper management never visits our terminal even when they have made rounds to others.Ive been driving trucks for 243 yrs so I'm tired of all companies.They are all the same.

From paducah,ky — 03/14/2009

For the six years that I have beeen there they have treated me fair, if you do your job.Its sounds like some of the others want to be payed a ton of money for doing nothing. the resorts are great because it they let the employes go and stay for free and save alot of money not having to pay for a hotel.

From Wilmington, OH — 11/08/2008

I also love working for the Roberts. They are generous to causes they believe in. Granted, there is NO job security--if you screw up, you're out!! But the co-workers I have make it enjoyable to go to work every day. Don't hold the recent lay-offs against the Roberts, they were made with a heavy heart. There has never been lay-offs prior to this messed up economy, and the company took pride in that. If you want to succeed here, be loyal and ready to work long hours. Vacations spent at the gorgeous resorts make a short respite restful and fun. And they are FREE! So, work for R & L Carriers at your own risk, but enjoy the time you get to spend with this generous family. P.S. Word has it that if you are a four-legged creature and get to live on Roberts' property, it is the life!

From Wilmington, Ohio — 11/01/2008

The Roberts have always been very good to me. They gave me a job almost 16 years ago when I desparately needed a job. Unfortunately, there are politics in every company and R+L is no different. The company has been laying off people for the first time ever, therefore, the employees do not have a warm and fuzzy feeling concerning job security at this time. I am one thankful person to have my job and I want to keep it. I have always enjoyed my work at R+L and the Wilmington area is lucky to have R+L. I only live about 12 minutes from work, I make good money, the health benefits are good, the company resorts are an added perk and the company matches 100% in the 401(k). Where can a person make that kind of money in today's world? I don't always understand some of the decisions that are made at R+L, but it's not my job to understand - I have to trust the owners in their decision-making. The bottom line is I love my job and I am very, very thankful to have it. If a person is so unhappy with their job at R+L, then they need to find another one. I wish them luck in that endeavor in today's market/economy.

From Lebanon, pa — 09/16/2008

Ive worked at r&l for a little over six months now. And from the little time Ive been here i really don't have anything to complain about. The work is easy. The pay is very good for what i have to do. And the work environment is great. The people i work with is really what makes it a fun place to work. Ive worked at a lot of other companies driving and never have i been this happy. Every job has its ups and downs but this one definitely has more ups then downs.

From WILMINGTON — 08/26/2008