Working at Quiktrip — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Quiktrip pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Quiktrip

From Catoosa, Oklahoma — 07/23/2010

I read all the reviews, and must say I am disappointed with the Tulsa division. Sadly making us all look like lazy whiners. This job is a bit taxing, I will agree, cause there is "a lot" to tend to(Cust. Service, stocking, upkeeps, etc. etc.) But at the same time you are never bored and always busy making your days fly by.

As for promotions... To get promoted you will have to meet three areas just as you would any any other job. Work ethics, determination, and attitude.

I have chose to work 60+ hours a week, I even look for picking up shifts others do not want. There is money out there, but yes, you will have to get stop being lazy and bust your ass to get it.

Alls I got to say for the complaints is simply, "If you don't like it, gtfo, so we can hire people that actually want to work.

For those complaining about not enough time with family due to the company.. Why are you sitting on your ass at your computer complaining about the company VS. spending the time with them?

Food for thought: Lets say theoretically, you started up a business you hired 5 people. 1 manager, 4 employees. Manager moves to your second store you just opened up, so its between clerks 1 and 2. clerk 2 gets it and clerk 1 complains and cries, would you ever want to promote clerk number 1 in the future?

All in all, for those who are looking at this smut to see about what the company is like and what it can do for you..Its a great company to work for, and yes they will take care of you, but you better belive you will take care of it as well. No one likes a slacker.

From Belton, Mo — 03/23/2010

I have worked for the Quik Trip Corp. for 3yrs and going strong. I don't know how things work in the stores but in the QT kitchens hard work is greatly rewarded. Heck, we get paid for a full 8hrs even if we finish early and leave after 5hrs. How many companies will give you that. Quik Trip is growing and hiring. What more can you ask for!!!

From Phoenix — 03/11/2010

QT is awesome! Great pay! Employees are great people! They take care of the bad apples so noone else has to deal with them. The promote the people with good attitudes that work hard. The higher ups care about us and keep good track of our performance by coming to speak to our managers about us. I'll never leave!

From phoenix — 03/02/2010

I love this company and they truly love there employees and show that through the enormous amount of training that they give to there employees in order for them to succeed in anything they put there mind to it. They have taught me that there is not any one person on this earth better than anyone else and to truly care for one another.
Anyone who puts this company down might want to hold off and hang in there for a bit because your true colors will shine through eventually.
Not everyone is good for every position but I know QT wants all there employees to be happy and will do all they can in there power to set there employees up for success in the position that they are right for.

From Atlanta, GA — 02/25/2010

I have read alot of the reviews. I didnt see one for the Atlanta Division. Every division is alittle different. I can only say i have seen alittle bit of everything thats been said. I would say that none of this is as wide spread like it may sound from some of the post ( atleast not in the ATL). QT is not for everyone. Its a great company to work for, but there right about some of the gossip. It is apart of our underline culture. All of the things stated in other posts happen in all work fields. Its alot of hard work. Its a mixed bag. Its a job that you have to truly understand the culture and rules (written and not) to be successful. You have to be able to go in there and get it done. You have to balane customer service with operations. If you cant do that you are going to run into alot of difficulty. You have to be a fast learner with an ability to take alot of crap from customers and sometimes coworkers and still keep things moving forward. I like QT and plan on staying along time. QT is not for everyone.

From Wichta KS — 02/15/2010

I have worked for QT for four years now and must say that it is a great company. I started as an RA and am now about to interview for a 1A position. I was told that in my division that openings do not come very often because it is a small division but i have managed to get to where I am in four years. I deserve it as well. I work hard and I am recongized and payed for it. The people that complain are also the ones that are lazy and think that they shouldnt have to work hard for it. I don't know about everything that goes on in other divisions but it sounds nothing like the QT i know. I never had to kiss up or be anybodys lapdog in order to move up. I think people forget that this is a business and that thinks have to change for this company to stay on top. If you hate your job by all means quit, make room for others that want the position you are in. If not, then stop cryn and make somthin happen for yourself. Not everyone can move up the ladder as fast as they would like thats why you need to make yourself be seen.

From Atlanta, GA — 12/28/2008

I have been a long time employee of QT. I started in High School and stayed on after collage. QT pays very well for what you do and has fairly good benefits. However it is no longer what it at one time was. When I started nearly 6 years ago QT believed that by making its employees happy they would in turn make the customers happy, insuring repeat business. An effective strategy that help to create a power house company. However the current atmosphere amongst employees is one of bitterness and disdain for the company. Especially amongst low level Assistants competing for the increasingly rear promotion availabilities. Few would now say they believe that Corporate works for us and not the bottom line. I guess no company can stay a human centered operation forever, I just miss the good old days when I felt like a person and not a number.

From Claremore, Ok — 03/12/2008

If you are a part-time worker like I was, expect to work your butt off. They expect you to mop and stock constantly even when people keep walking on the wet foor. I loved the job when I got to run the register. I hated being on the floor and doing upkeeps and stocking the coolers. Coolers=hell! Overall, if you put in the effort, you can advance quickly. The pay is great for part-time, but there are no raises. You do get $50 in customer service bonuses every month if your store does well on mystery shops. They work around your hours well and you can get all the hours you want since QuikTrip is ALWAYS busy.

From Tulsa,OK — 07/15/2006

Quiktrip spolied me for any other job. Their compensation package rewards people that bust their ass , and do their job right. There is very little politicing.

I would recommend this job to anyone who takes pride in their job and genuinely enjoys working retail.