Working at Quality Discount Ice Cream — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Quality Discount Ice Cream pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Quality Discount Ice Cream

From Vista , Ca — 07/18/2010

It's hard work, but whats wrong with a little hard work once in a while. I'm not a driver. I have had a great couple days starting there...

dy lon

From Oceanside,CA — 04/12/2010

The work is hard and the hours are long. The pay could also be better, but after you have been out of work for 18 months you take what you can get.

From Oceanside, CA — 03/03/2010

I hope people who review this site come to realize 3 dissatisfied employees can spread so much garbge.
within the company they know who they are. good luck fellows.

for me, I like my job!

From Carlsbad, CA — 01/16/2010

I like working alone. My job before this was a route driver and you need to be OK dealing with angry customers. I am thankful I got a job. They may not be my first choice place to work but some of the commentaries here seems to be coming from a couple of angry folks that are repeating the same complaints.??

From Oceanside, Ca — 12/12/2009

I have only been there going on 2 months. So far, I have had no issues with customer complaints like everyone else is stating. As an outside sales rep I encounter a lot of customers. I give them my cell number and allow them to call me whenever. The first line of defense is that the customer needs someone to talk too. The 800 phone number set up is for customers to call and leave a message. The outside sales rep/Customer Service Manager is for direct customer contact. If your sales rep sucks then yes the clients are going to have a bad experience with the company. That is why they probably have a bad turnover rate. Management see somebody slacking off and not doing their job. Hence the turnover rate they are talking about. I have only seen new people added. The core of employees we have now are growing together like a family. We understand the hours. Most of it is spent on the road as I work in the Orange County area and live in Oceanside. I love the job and meeting all the interesting people in life. I have had a few worse outside sales jobs. Damn they give you a gas card, a car and a laptop. You are really your own boss out on the road. But you do have to perform.