Work at Progressive Insurance — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Progressive Insurance pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Progressive Insurance

From nm — 02/16/2010

good co to work for

From Massachusetts — 01/15/2010

Not a bad place to work. I've done worse for less.

From NM — 01/12/2010

When I saw some of the things written about Progressive on this website I was upset. I have been with the company for 22 years and it is the best company I have ever been with. The respect the company has given me in all my years is unparalleled. I know many that work with other insurance carriers and they donít get the same level of respect and compensation that we get here with Progressive. If you put in an honest day of work you are rewarded. Those who do not succeed, spend more time complaining about things and writing blogs on websites about how the company is so bad. If they would just put as much effort into their jobs as they do complaining about it, maybe they would get the respect they feel they are lacking with this company or any other company. No one is entitled to anything in life. In my 22 years I have seen ups and downs with this company, but I always put in a good hard days work, and as a result, I have been rewarded time and time again for my efforts. What more can you ask then that.

Progressive is a good strong company that treats its employees with respect. Hard work is rewarded. There are great opportunities for people to showcase their skills and advance. The people I have worked with are very caring and willing to help out. I love my job and plan on retiring with this wonderful company.

For those of you that like to bitch, maybe you just don't know what hard work means. You lazy people need to just get a life and learn about something called work ethic.

From Albuquerque, NM — 01/07/2010

So I had not heard about this website until today. I read the reviews and at first, I thought it was funny, the workload, obviously on everyone's mind. Then it got deeper. So deep it upset me. The workload does get hefty, and expectations and key measures are very important, but atleast where I stand WE is important too. Every person from my location has stated that WE is a joke, but have you even tried to enjoy yourself for once?? That is what WE is for, to enjoy a lunch and good company without the stress. Put the phone down and take a lunch for crying out loud.... Have you eaten lately??? It might help your productivity if you walk away for awhile. No, I am not the poster board child for Progressive, I am not Flo. But I am a person who has been through the storm several times the past five years and has made mistakes or as Progessive would put it " been given feedback" on my performance, and improven. I have had the "bad managers" and the good managers. Luckily I do have good ones now. I am not afraid to be honest on the OE survey because why wouldn't I be, I am a hard working person and regardless of our economy I will survive with or without Progressive but preferably with Progressive. I am not just here for the paycheck, I am here because at the end of the day if I need to go to my sons basketball game at 4:30 I am able to. Start looking at what Progressive does, not what they don't.

From Austin, TX — 12/19/2009

I understand this is a place to "vent," but working Progressive really isn't that bad. I've been with the company for 5 years now in two different states, during that time I have had 7 different TL/Mgrs. I've always found that if you come to work to actually do work vs. complain/gossip and use the free internet, that you will usually be treated fairly. Unfortunately, like with any large company, profits come first and occasionally there are lay-offs and seasons of slow growth. I think that in most cases, if you are having a bad experience it is more likely because of your lack of ability or drive and not that the company is out to get the reps. If you do good work you will be promoted when the opportunity presents itself. But, if you do a poor job you will rightfully be passed over.

From OH — 12/11/2009

Have been with a few major companies in my 25 plus years in IT. None holds a candle to Progressive. I was quite happy with my salary when hired on six years ago, then blown away by a five figure gainshare check at the end of my first year. When HR and my hiring manager mentioned gainshare, I kind of filed it away in the back of my mind like "sure - the company will add a few dollars a year to an IRA somewhere, and after many years, I can cash it in and buy a couple of six packs." Wow was I wrong. Trust me, I've worked for several fortune 500 companies, and Progressive is the best by far. Happy holidays to all Progressive employees, and for the disgruntled few on here, I wish you happy holidays too, with a hope that you can find a new job in a company nearly as good as Progressive.

From KS — 11/23/2009

Progressive has a great product and an even better service when the product support is needed. And if a rep can separate themselves at the end of the business day life is great at home. But for quite a few of us, we live to make every number and every customer meet the companies expectations.

From San Diego — 11/21/2009

As an estimator my job is fantasic. Only deal with cars, and no issues with management. My boss is fantasic and my co workers are a joy. Not a corport plug, definitly know some people in the company who are not happy, but you can't find any company that this doesn't happen at some level, but I LOVE my job.

From OH — 11/19/2009

Happy Anniversary RIF 2007! I hope you are all doing better then you were before you were RIFFd.

From anywhere, usa — 11/16/2009

I have worked here for a while, and overall its been an good experience for me personally. I think that quite a few things should be done differently...I am well aware that each person may have differing opions on what is good or bad when it comes to working for someone else, the absolute perfect job or employer doesn't exists anywhere there will always be people who are at least content and those whom are discontent no matter what, thats just human nature.It's shocking and sad though to see such low morale of peers/ employees of progressive, and at that at the top of the list of companies with the most unhappy employees. Too bad this information is not used by progressive to gauge employee morale or loyalty..Stop being afraid to tell how you feel about work conditions on progressive surveys...maybe you will sleep better at night and maybe some change will come.