Working at Produban — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Produban pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Produban

From UK — 03/03/2010

Produban in the UK is a fledgling company. Yes they are part of the Santander group but they have been asked to deliver a huge load of integration work over a very short period of time and are coping extremely well in a high pressure market with limited staff.
In the UK they operate like any other IT org.
They are mainly made up of ex-Abbey IT staff, some experienced ex-outsourced employees and contractors who have proved their worth over the years.

Like any other company there is a "core" staff base within Produban, i.e. those who just get the work done without the whining attitude (which is what all managers desire).

I suspect the people on here moaning are the nine-to-fivers who expect something for nothing!

Anywhere you work has stress and problems but if your main focus is how to avoid it rather than deal with it and "get on" then from my perspective you won't be going very far in your career, no matter who you work for.
I'd rather be in a high pressure/high deliverable environment than doing a 9-5 job, but horses for courses.

Yes I work for Produban, and I've worked my ass off for a long time, but do you know what, working at this level in the financial IT sector gives me experience that can't be rivaled.
If I ever do leave then my CV would read as a "who's who" of financial IT and I doubt I'd have trouble finding a job anywhere.

Anyway, my philosophy......the people that winge and whine I don't want working anywhere near me.
The people that knuckle down and show their worth will eventually be rewarded, and those are the guys I want around me!

Cheers

From Leeds, WY — 12/19/2009

Having now set their eyes on GE Money the integration proceeds. Unbelievable company that makes me pine for the old GE ways...seriously. Most are waiting on redundancy. Spanish want all project reports to show a green 'ontracl' even if not true. They also like shouting if they cock up, Bottom line is everyone is scared and once Produban integration happens the core business will see it's great IT team go to hell, and customers will scarper...total ballsup.

From Bucks — 11/20/2009

I think a lot of the reviews here are out-of-date. There is a great deal of progress that has been made in the organisation, and the place feels like one big team pulling in the same direction. There is a lot of work to do, but its all challenging and if training is required, it gets paid for. The project managers are hopeless, but then, all project managers are - else they'd have proper jobs. Some people appear to be getting promotions, payrises were good even though inflation was in negative figures, and peoples ideas are respected. The location is obviously unchanged, but thats a good thing. If the place was really as bad as people say, the carpark wouldnt full every day! If you've got the skills, you'll do well here.

From MK — 11/10/2007

I think people reckon the grass is greener elsewhere, but I rather like working here. Near to home, allowed to pick the kids up and then come back to the office, decent amount of annual leave and free parking.

From Madrid — 11/22/2006

Hard work, Out of hours? Its' curious but from 6:00 pm in the evening everybody understand spanish in the office, and is not because our english counterpads has at least decided that it's time to learn Spanish.

From Madrid — 11/17/2006

Its funny how all the reviews on here are from MK. If you actually spent some of your time fixing an already out of date infractructure instead of moaning how bad you have it you might see some thanks comming your way. Welcome to the real world kids, where, and this may suprise you, you actually have to work and perform to earn a living. Hard Life Innit

From MK — 06/30/2006

I have found PRODUBAn to be an excellent employer especially for the contract market. Rates of pay are competitive and work is both challenging and interesting. Contractors beware however if you are not prepared to put in an honest days pay for an honest days work then you will not be retained.