Working at Pizza Hut — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Pizza Hut pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Pizza Hut

From Canton OH — 08/11/2010

Been here a few weeks now, and i have to say, its actually a good job. With tips + $1 delivery mileage, you will end up making between 13-15 dollars per hour on a good night, and even on a bad night, your still making 10-12.

Have been on the closing shift thus far, so it does effect my social life, but whenever you need time off, you will be able to get it. Manager / Shift leaders so far have been friendly, and willing to help you learn. Just ask, and they are there for you, Co-workers the same, all know there job, all there when needed, all easy to get on with. No complaints here either. The location is minutes away from the expressway, so its easy to get too. Average hours per week 20-30, so its not too shabby for a part time job. With football season coming up, those hours will shoot up from what ive been told.

The major challenge so far, has been to find all the little streets ive never heard of, but if unsure of where to go, ive asked, and been given the best route to get there.

So far, a great place to work!

From Carrollton, Tx — 10/16/2009

I worked for both Pizza Hut and Papa Johns, and I will say that this is the better company to work for. They pay their drivers minimum wage, and they do want their drivers to advance. This is not as bad as they say it is. I do wish they could increase the amount they give you per run.

From Sherwood, Arkansas — 09/17/2009

I really like this job as a driver. I just wish that it could support me. I only work part time but if I did work full time it would add hours where I was inside the store. When I do make good money(can't count on it every night), it is doing delivery. It seems like good money but if you were to break it down where you paid for the actual cost of your vehicle, it's not. It is like any other delivery job, you are liquidating your vehicle. It is good if you cna't manage your money and need money on a daily basis.
The store manager there is terrific. She has things under control. I have worked at two other stores in my area. The manager makes or breaks the store. I dont see why Pizza Hut lets the bad mangers stay at the store when there are so many people needing jobs right now.
Anyway I enjoy working at this store. But customers are not reliable to tip. Some think that 2.00 fee goes to the driver. It don't. We get about 85cents for one delivery. Many times it takes more gas than 85cents to drive to the customer and back. They try to combine two deliveries at one time and reduce the fuel money from 85cents to about 72cents. But if each customer is in a different direction, you sure dont save any gas. Usually I spend a little more than what they give me for gas. Usually I can make at least 10.00 per night in tips but past of this goes for gas. Part goes into oil since my vehicle uses oil. There are good nights where I can make 45.00 in tips and get 15.00 in fuel money. So after using 22.00 in actual fuel and one quart of oil, I can clear 37.00. This is in addition to my hourly wage that's about 7.xx per hour.
Only working 15-25 hours per week, even if tips are on the good side, this does not allow enough to rent even the cheapest mobile home or apartment in the area. I chose that is location is not good, but that is because the area has expensive homes so this job will not pay enough to live close. This job will not pay enough to make a vehicle payment. Why don't people tip? It can be pouring raining, you get a HOT pizza to someone really quick, and they dont' tip. That is sad. But I like driving all over the area. I get to see places in my home area that I have never seen(lived here my whole life).

From Livonia, MI — 07/14/2008

Pay: I'm simply annoyed that I get paid the same amount or less as fellow managers who do a horrible job and have far less respect and dedication to the job and the boss. I do pretty well for myself, though.

Respect: There's trouble with co-workers when it comes to telling them to do their jobs right, but I feel very much respected by those I enjoy and my Area Coach. He gave me a thank you card.

Benefits: The only benefit I care about at this point in time is the 401(k), which I am taking full advantage of. I automatically got life insurance when I got promoted. Whatever. Health insurance, I hear, is pretty crappy, but I don't need it so I don't mind.

Job Security: If you're good at your job, if you work a lot of hours, if you're there to help when they need someone, you're all set. Around here, anyway.

Work/Life Balance: My RGM is very lenient about scheduling, often to his own disadvantage. He'll schedule around anything you need off, so there's really no complaining to be had on my part. Especially since I have no life outside work.

Career Potential: They say there're endless opportunities in Yum Brands. If you're good at your job, you can get promoted assuming there're open positions. Simple as that. If you're not good enough, shut up.

Location: It's located in a nicer part of a nice city. Safe. Fairly close to my home. Whatever.

Competence: This is where I have a lot of frustration. I work with young people who don't understand the concept of working hard regardless of how trivial the job may seem. It's mostly just a couple individuals that refuse to respect anyone but the RGM. I'll deal with them later.

All in all, I love my job. I'm a hard worker and I feel rewarded for it. So there.