Working at pitney bowes — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about pitney bowes pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at pitney bowes

From Nationwide — 09/21/2009

I am a 25 year employee in the service division of DMT. I've worked for many different managers, directors and have seen change in corporate structuring many times, some good and some not so good but PB has always been aggressive in keeping up with current economic trends. The current one is proving just as tough for us as it is for ALL other industries however PB is maintaining and continuing to position it to remain on the cutting edge. This does mean trimming fat. It hurts and Iíve seen many good people lose their positions. PB has made every attempt to relocate them.

The swing in the economy has meant the downsizing or outsourcing for several of our customers as well however the work is still there, it's just being outsourced to another shop so PB still has opportunity to capitalize on that movement.

Throughout my career, my superiors have always afforded me the opportunity to advance myself. I have never seen anyone denied any opportunities. The tenure is very high on the service end. Even tenure on the sales end of PBDMT is quite high.

I've worked for a few managers that lacked basic management skills but that is what you get for being in a job as long as I have. This in no way takes away any of the great things PBDMT is and has done in the industry. It's a great job, a great employer and I would highly recommend PBDMT to anyone of my close friends and relatives. Pay is good and benefits are outstanding.

From Shelton, ct — 08/29/2008

I feel well respected at my job because I am good at what i do. For all those that work for Pitney Bowes who suck at their job you will never get the respect you need to advance unless you know somebody.

The company as a whole has good benefits.

again I am good at what i do so i feel safe where I am at right now.

I personally don't take my job home so my balance is great for the time being.

At the position I am at currently there is not growth opportunity. I am going to have to get a new job or my MBA to get a better position in and or out of the company.

my co-workers are competent but the lower management is retarded. The see things in black and white and usually make the wrong decisions. That is why overall the Pitney Bowes is going down hill.

I love the people i work with. That is the main reason why i keep my position.

I have a love hate relationship with my company and my work. I enjoy what i do to a point and love my co-workers but as a whole my job is crap and the company needs to make some serious changes.

From Harrisburg, Pa — 01/09/2008

I'll start with the good. This sales job is not a hard sale more of a soft sale that requires more people skills. The pay scale they show you is completely unrealistic however, because it is based on volume you sell if you don't discount, which you have to do 98% of the time, and if you discount they cut the percentage of your commissions in half. So realistically you must sell 150% of quota or more to make the money they say you will make at 100% of quota. I like the products, and customers, but I simply just do not get paid what I'm worth. It's a good company to start at, but not to keep as a career.