Working at Perot Systems — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Perot Systems pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Perot Systems

From Plano — 01/27/2010

i worked for Perot Systems for three years in their Plano location doing technical support for one of their clients. I found it to be an incredibly good place to work. My supervisors and managers were always willing to listen to my problems, work with me on issues, and provide me support when I needed it. They were almost all competent, and most were happy with their jobs. If I had a complaint, it was that they were not hard enough on trouble employees. There were a couple of employees that were dead weight, but were not terminated because of the easy going nature of the company.

The security is a little overwhelming at times. All gates have armed guards, cameras are everywhere, and the Plano office is like a fortress. That might be off-putting to some, but I worked a night shift and had to deal with security quite a bit (getting into places late at night usually has you working with security) and there were all uniformly polite, professional, and easy to work with. I never once had an issue with any kind of rudeness or even indifference.

Overall, I can say Perot Systems was one of the best place I've ever worked. I might've just had an incredible group, but if I didn't dislike phone tech support, I would've happily stayed there. I can't vouch for them now that Dell has bought them, but Perot Systems is a solid, square-dealing company.

From Sacramento — 12/10/2008

Overall Perot Systems is a good company. Pay comes to those who perform. Job security is only as good as your performance. When it comes to flexiblity this company takes care of you. Location is in the area where I live, so it is good. Co-workers are knowlegable and some of the best in the area. Work enviroment can be tough since our office is at our customers site, but if you have the respect of the customer life is good.

From Virtual — 04/29/2008

I actually get paid pretty well, but that was because my timing was perfect and I filled a high-priority need.

As everyone else has stated, the benefits are pretty poor and no flexibility. I would like more vacation and willing to buy it, but that is not allowed. Healthcare is a hassle and tough to get paid.

I am amazed how incompetent several of my co-workers are. My close team is extremely knowledgable, but when asking the site analysts questions, you really find out they don't know their systems. Maybe this is because they are spread so thin over multiple projects. When assigned tasks, I have waited weeks for them to be completed, even though they were allocated xx hours to my projects. And God forbid, if the project slips and you have to move the hours to the next month, you have to fight tooth and nail to get those hours again.

I guess my biggest complaint is that I am always in a hurry-up-and-wait mode. I sit here, just waiting for leadership and management to make a decision and respond back, and until then, the projects stagnate, and I get flack for them being late. One thing I have learned is save every e-mail you get so that you CYA. I have also learned to make lots of "executive decisions" just to keep things moving. The sites are happy that I do that, although management may not be so accepting.

The best part is that since I work virtually, my work location is great. I travel about 35% of the time to the sites, which I enjoy.