Working at Papaya Clothing Store — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Papaya Clothing Store pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Papaya Clothing Store

From Concord, ca — 03/28/2009

Pay- I gave it a zero not because the pay was bad, but it definitely wasn't good either. Even though you start off at minimum wage it felt like what you got on your paycheck was exactly what you worked for (if that makes sense).
Respect- If you're talking about from the management, they're really nice and always have something in the back room for you to eat just incase you don't have money to get something to eat. Sometimes they could be a tiny bit rude, but its not something you can't get over. During Holidays, most of the time they cook really yummy food for the employees! From customer, girls are one of the most rudest people & being that Papaya is an all girl store.. you do the math.
Benefits- No benefits, but I didn't really need any so I was ok with that.
Job security- None, but I personally loved being our own personal security. It was fun catching people teal and you got rewarded if you did too.
Work/ life balance- Reaaallllyy good. They will work around your schedule. One of the best companies I've ever worked with when it comes to being able to have a personal life while working.
Location- Great location! Lots of business and lots of different types of people.
Co-worker competence- I think that means if I got along with my co-workers? Let me tell you.. best co-workers EVER! I loved them so much. They were more like sisters than co-workers.
Work environment- LOVED IT! Great music. You could burn your own CDs.

Overall, I LOVED working at Papaya. I really don't know why I quit & sometimes I regret it big time, but what else could I do? If you guys live never Concord, CA then Papaya is a great place to work.

From Virginia — 01/29/2008

This job would be great if they paid you over 6$. And you have to be employed there for 4months in order to get trained on the register. So stupid. Everything else is good.