Working at Panera Bakery — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Panera Bakery pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Panera Bakery

From Fresno, CA — 05/28/2010

I was hired at the new Fresno (CA) Riverpark store in December 2009. It was an absolutely terrible place to work...the employees were only being given 4-6 hours every 2 weeks, and when they were scheduled worked odd shifts like (for example) Sunday night from 5:30 to 8:00 pm. There was no feedback on performance yet employees were belittled when a mistake was made. The general manager is rather incompetent, short-fused, panic-stricken, and suffers from poor communication and interpersonal skills, along with a poor attitude. The assistant managers, with the exception of one, are not much better. The interaction with the public is just as terrible, with cashiers who can't seem to get their facial muscles working enough to smile, yet those were the employees who got more favorable shifts in which to work. The food is great, and that'll be what keeps the place going....not the management.