Working at Pamida — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Pamida pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Pamida

From hhhhhhhhh — 10/18/2009

I am and have been a store manager for Pamida for 1 1/2 years. I have prior experience with larger
companies also in retail (15 years retail management exp.) . I can say that based on my experience
Pamida is no better or worse then any other company. A job or career is what each of us make it. If
we want to make it successful we will and like wise if we want it to be terrible it will be.

Pamida is a very diverse and ever changing company. Work load, company direction and ideas seem
to continually change. This is definitely a company that seems to struggle to "get it together". BUT
there are alot of companies out there who are in this same boat, expecially during these tough economic times.

I manage a store in the mid-west. The standards in customer service, store appearance and the pride
I take in my work is higher then the Pamida's expectations. My store team is made up of local people from this community, who are like a family. We take great pride in our store and it shows.

As a whole the company needs to learn, that higher pay will yield better quality management for its store, they need to learn that they must pay the hourly employees better to retain then and continue to get the work expectedof them. The benefits are ok, the job is fine and its a great job or career depending on where you are in your life!

From Mount Vernon MO — 11/13/2008

Overall Pamida was a good place to work. There was a set of good managers but previous to them and currently there is a constant rotation. There has been 10 store managers within 8 years and the best stayed for 3 of the 8 years.
Overall, the store leadership and district leadership seem to be of a lower class and/or haven't obtained a high level of education. Some of them have been very hard workers but not able to deal with all of the pressure. They don't have the personality to deal with small town people where your reputation decided fairly quickly.
Payroll is always low which endlessly leaves a little bit left to be done. Technology, old and new, is an issue and there doesn't seem to be sufficient support from Omaha. Replenishment is inconsistent which not only causes issues with ads but on everyday items.
The payrate is average for starting out but raises aren't what they should be.
If only more people in Omaha corporate put their heart into their job they could be very successful. Corporate leaders need to take ownership and have both short and long-term plans.

From Omaha, NE — 01/17/2008

While Pamida has great potential, they are in a constant state of change, fluctuating from 1 extreme to the opposite. Random employees are let go about once every 6 months only to have them replaced by the current favorite employee with a similar title and the same job role. Of course, they continue to spout the common jiberish of "People First" but have failed to convince anyone but the newest employees. Stores are underpaid with extremely limited payroll, while the newest VP is promoted or terminated with a substantial severance package. If they could only overlook their own emotions in order to do what is best for the company...