Working at Palmetto GBA — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Palmetto GBA pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Palmetto GBA

From Ohio — 01/27/2010

It amazes me that people will complain so much about a job that they have. No matter where the job is. I feel that itís because they canít get past their conditioning. Their parents were unhappy blah, blah. For the first eighteen years of their life they were raised by these people and put in a school where the state mandates that you must attend school 180 days of the year. So you wait each morning (especially those snowy ones) listening to the radio to see if school is closed. Yeah! It is closed and you have PERMISSION to stay home. But when you go to work for a living there is no one to give you permission to do anything but YOU! Letís review some facts. You hate your job? You think everyone there is unfair to you? Boo HooÖ..I have a list of things for you to think about. You know why you wonít? Because you are what is known as a slacker.

Fact #1- hate your job? Quit. What is keeping you from it? There is not one person in that place that will call and bitch you out if you want to quit. They will gladly let you stay home.

Fact# 2- donít want to drive in the snow? Donít. No one will call you and beg you to drive in the snow. They wonít come to your house to harass you either.

Fact # 3- Oh what? You need your paycheck? Donít worry about it you were looking when you found this job, youíll find another employer that wonít cater to your every whim.

Fact #4- People use the excuse they want to be home with their children. Letís face it. You would not be able to wait until those kids were in school. I know a lot of stay at home moms. It ainít all that. I love my kids with all my heart but I donít want them up my ass 24/7 nor do I want to be up theirs 24/7. That only makes kids have to have therapy as adults. We all need a little space.

Fact #5 Those people who complain the most are the ones that will ruin this entire country with their negative attitudes. They don't want to work. They want to draw a paycheck but they don't want to do the work to earn that paycheck.

Fact #6 Those people who complain the most will NEVER be happy anywhere.

From Columbia, SC — 09/29/2009

Go Palmetto GBA. Keep pressing forward!

From Columbia, SC — 06/05/2008

Pay is the minimum they are allowed to pay. When they shift or increase job pay ranges they do not go back to the employees in those pay ranges that are at the minimum and increase the pay but will hire other people into those positions making higher minimum pay with no experience.
Job Security; There is job secruity if you are an executive, because losing contracts there has been a number of layoff. However, the executives never loose their jobs. They will continue to pay them high saleries until something comes up, even months. But lower level management and employees are let go at will no matter the number of years experience. It is a favortism game. Example: last year they lost a contract and they layed off people that work for another contract to make room for the people that lost the contract. There is no job security because exectutives can and do whatever they want eventhough it is unfair to employees.
Leadership: They really need to get new blood in at the executive level from the president on down.