Working at Painters Supply and Equipment (CANADA) Inc — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Painters Supply and Equipment (CANADA) Inc pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Painters Supply and Equipment (CANADA) Inc

From Ontario, Canada — 07/28/2007

I worked here for five years. Started as a driver and made my way up to branch manager. Not a bad place to work. Pay kinda sucks, and theirs not much of a corporate ladder to climb. Wish I stuck it out though... I left there for a better paying job and got fired after three months. Not sure if they'd take me back.
Pay - I've heard from several employees, that PSE is the worst paying company in the autopaint supply business. I know its true for drivers. As a manager I was obviously convinced to take a job elsewhere based on money.
Respect - Never had any problems in this department. And any ideas I had to make our jobs easier were either embraced with thanks, or denied with reasoning.
Benefits - Benefits package was nice, but you had to pay for it. Kinda makes in not a benefit in my book.
Job Security - PSE only fired two people in the whole five years I was there. Not bad.
Balance - Mon-Fri 8-5. I used to call it my "non-office office-job." And work stays at work, home stays at home. Very balanced.
Growth - Not much room to move here. They do hire from within before posting adds in the papers, so when an opportunity does come up you have dibs, but its rare.
Location - 30 stores in the US, 10 in Ontario. Could be more in Canada though.
Comptence - Average I guess. We all have co-workers we like and we all have that ass that just won't leave us alone.
Environment - HEALTH CONCERNS. You work with toxic chemicals all day, the building needs to be properly ventilated.

In all, I put this in hate cause I really wouldn't want to go back there. I wanted to do something else with my life. But it's not a bad place to work. It's professional enough. Interesting enough for the day to day grind... But there is some political snow you have to wade through with the head office, particularly in the case of Accounts Receivable.