Working at Pacific Sunwear — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Pacific Sunwear pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Pacific Sunwear

From Colorado — 08/25/2010

I worked at Pac Sun as an Assistant Manager for a couple years and I can honestly say now that I miss it. I haven't worked there for about a year now and I realize that it wasn't as horrible as I thought it was. The pay wasn't the best but, with my DM anyway, if you deserved a raise, you got one. The benefits though are great. The health insurance, vision, dental and discount plan are very good, they have a lot to offer in that area. As for respect, expect none. Little respect from your upper management and none from the customers. Most Pac Suns are in malls and you are subject to use and abuse from tweeny girls and their parent's. And considering tweeny girls are the only people that shop there, you have no choice but to appease them. It's degrading sometimes. When I first started there the company was doing it's own thing which was nice, but as the years went on they started to change there style to match every other bro-ed out, slutty 12 year old girl store. They lost their personality when they decided to be like every other store out there. Also, as the recession hit they put a huge emphasis on making daily sales goals and ADS and UPT and KPI goals, and if you didn't hit them you got a ton of shit. But all-in-all, it was an okay place to be. There was growth potential there, the pay was alright considering you are there long enough to get raises and the environment was pleasant enough. So, like any job these days, it has it's goods and bads