Working at PACE AIRLINES — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about PACE AIRLINES pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at PACE AIRLINES

From B.M. — 12/12/2009

Mr. Rodgers is going home for the holidays. The truth will come out in the end. You have to remember that one is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law! I am willing to listen to him and get an explanation of what exactly happened. He does have alot of creditability in his past experiences in running companies. There were alot of problems inherited from past management such as massive debt. He was working hard to keep Pace afloat but the major damage was done before he ever got there. His church is behind him 100% and praying for the best for him and his family. It has been a difficult time for him and it is good that he will spend Christmas with his family just like the rest of us are going to do. We all need to be forgiving especially at this time of year. We never know what tomorrow holds so be good to each other. I wish him nothing but the best and success in whatever life has to offer. Thanks for your tireless long hours in trying to right the worng, take care and have a Merry Christmas.

From Winston Salem, NC — 10/13/2009

Better than most!

From Winston-Salem, NC — 09/14/2009

This is a sad situation for all of us. I don’t know if we will ever know the “real” truth. I do know Pace employees were like family. I’m in a difficult place along with all my co-workers. I pray God will help all of us get back to a normal place personally and financially. It is a shame for something good to just get tossed out as nothing when I know it was something and could be again. Right now, I just want someone to “show me the money”! My bills need to be paid.

From Winston-Salem, NC — 09/10/2009

PACE is a good company to work for, or it was.

Don't know about the new ownership tho. There is a thing I learned in college about, business planning. Doesn't seem like there was much done in this department.

My big confusion, how can you be planning to build a hangar that will hold 6, Boeing 767's and pay everyone's health care one month, and two months later, not being able to make payroll. Sorry, I just don't understand the math.

Chickenfoot.

From Winston Salem — 09/10/2009

I think Mr. Rodgers is a really great guy, and everyone should just give him time to get things together. I would work for free for him forever!

From North Carolina — 09/05/2009

Lets see. Most of you are spewing angry, hateful, disrespectful lies that you have no sure proof of. How many of you have ever tried to save an airline? How many of you have ever had a management position? Tell me...how would you keep Pace going? Oh...thats right. You would pay them, right? With what? Do any of you know the amount of Paces payroll every 2 weeks? Mr. R and his "sidekicks" work relentlessly to meet the demands and needs of the employees at the same time trying to build the means to keep the company afloat. The people they have coming in to "give money" or "sucker" are called investors. Why don't you try to google that! Maybe you can google 'running airlines for dummies' do a hostile takeover of Pace and save the world! Instead of bitching and boo-hooing, take your heads out of your butts and appreciate that there are people out there trying to make sure you have a place to come to work in the morning. And for the employee who is trying to do background searches on google...really? I'm laughing myself silly! I won't tell you to stick with your day job because I'd rather see you quit but, I do hope you listed your criminal justice certificate in your resume! Go inspector gadget! If you don't have a job because Pace fails to exist.....neither does the upper management who spend endless hours working to keep Pace flying. If you truly hate this company and feel this way about our staff....do yourself a favor and quit. Stop infecting the rest of the employees and staff with your negative attitude and rumors. Nobody is keeping you here and frankly...who wants to spend their days in such a negative environment? Some of you are just those types of people who aren't happy unless everyone is miserable. Some others just like the attention they get by running their yappers! And some of you are pathetic. If you want to vent and blame people on this forum, know your facts. You have no right to deface and embarrass co-workers because of your confusion, jealousy or lack of self control. You have no right to make public accusations using peoples names when you don't have proof and further more your information is just a down right lie. Some of the upper management have sacrificed much more than any of you have. Some people haven't seen their families or live elsewhere to try to make this company work. Has anyone thanked them because you ARE still employed? Here you people are moaning about people being honest and why don't I have this or why can't I get that and why don't we know anything....and all of a sudden you have the correct information about who is having and affair and what they are getting for their services? Are you really that pathetic and sad with your own life that spreading hurtful lies about Mr. C and a flight attendant are of the utmost importance to you? Do you consider how that may effect your co-workers and the people you maliciously attack? Does it concern you that if their significant others hear your verbal vomit that you may cause them undue break-ups or further hardship? Or is your only concern yourself....and nobody else? That would explain your amateurish bantering. Now...correct me if I am wrong but isn't that exactly what your accusing management with? Being selfish and not caring about anyone else? What I see here is a group of people who are angry because they aren't getting what they want, who aren't concerned with anyone but themselves, who aren't willing to do anything but make this process of survivorship difficult, who don't want to support the people they work with, who blame people for the same things they practice themselves. Instead of being so hippacritical and negative....try being supportive and positive. If you aren't capable of doing such - then do everyone a favor and quit. This way you can be miserable somewhere else, find different people to spread lies and rumors about and maybe even smile once in a while! Thank you Mr. R and Mr. C and all upper management for your sacrifices, long nights and relentless efforts. I hope that Pace becomes what you are striving for it to be. You are all in my prayers, even those people who are careless, instigating, troublemaking, rumor rats.

From Winston-Salem, NC — 09/01/2009

What is the matter with you mean people venting on the internet like this? Why don’t you form a “BITCHING CLUB” among yourselves and quit hurting the company.

This company is in trouble…like a lot of companies out there today. However, there are very many smart people here who know there jobs very well and many that are cheering for the company to get turned around. It is possible. Quit running the company further in the ground by your mean comments. It isn’t helping.

From Winston Salem, NC — 08/30/2009

This company is made up of competent workers that are passionate about their jobs. Unfortunately, management has not been made up of competent people that foster a team environment and accountability. There is a complete lacking of processes and structure. When the bottom line is concerned without these processes and structure thousands of dollars are wasted everyday.

From Winston Salem — 08/22/2009

Pace is a great company and Mr. Rodgers has a fantastic plan. This company has an incredible potential that will be realized if ALL employees participate and act as the professionals that Mr. Rodgers and his team believe you are. As for the comment that a person cannot be a Christian and a billionaire at the same time, that is obviously from someone who is not a Christian themselves since they do not know what it takes to be a Christian. I feel blessed to finally have someone at the helm of our company who is a Christian. Obviously those of you, who were there Weds and have been complaining, did not watch Mr. Rodgers walk off. That man was close to tears. He cares deeply for this company and the employees and it is very obvious that it hurts him when things like this happen. All I can say is if you are unhappy QUIT! You do not have to be here and the other dedicated, loyal, professional workers (ones who actually stepped up and volunteered to work on days off if others refused to show up and to do so without overtime or premium pay) don't want you here. That is the bottom line. No one is forcing YOU to be here. Don't like it, LEAVE but STOP trying to tear down a good company with an awesome future.

From Winston Salem, N.C. — 08/21/2009

Pay, could have worse or better.
Respect, earn it and you can have it.
Benefits, we could not have any.
Job Security, that's left to be seen
Work/Life Balance, that's what you make of it! You control this, no one else does!
Career/Growth, see Work/Life Balance.
Location, good.
Co-worker Competence, for the most part, I work with very talented people.
Work Environment, it would be better if those who are not in it to make it work would get out. No one has to work here, if your not happy LEAVE!
As far as criticizing the new owners, all I have to say is, Not me, won't be a part of it!

As far as trying to tell anyone how to live their religious beliefs - I'm not God and won't do it!
and....By the way, those of you who are quoting the WORD, check and see if there's anything in there about backbiting, gossip, judging...I pretty sure there are some verses regarding all of that stuff in there. As far as not accepting the apology, isn't there something in there about turning the other cheek?
It always amazes me when people want to quote the word to point out someone elses faults, but in the same paragraph use curse words to get their point across. Hmmmm - who is really living the "Christian Life".
Instead of be ready to "crucify" Mr. Rodgers and the others, try praying for them - they have taken on a big responsibility (and yes, that includes the employees). Once again, I am pretty sure that praying instead of criticizing would be more beneficial. And you might want to think about the other people that read this site (those who don't work at PACE). What kind of "family image" are they seeing here?

FINALLY, HE WHO IS WITHOUT SIN - PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CAST THE FIRST STONE!