Working at Omnicare — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Omnicare pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Omnicare

From Dublin, OH — 10/17/2010

I work in the internal employee technology / help desk support department at Omnicare, Inc. Omnicare is by far not the best company I have worked for; however it is not the worst either. After reviewing the rants from other visitors I did notice one thing in common; all of the locations are from "troubled" sites. My fellow co-worker and I dread taking calls from these locations because generally speaking the people those sites hire are "bottom-of-the-barrow", minimum experience, 18 month-college instant certification garbage. Seriously, we are talking about people who can't even spell the name of the company they work for, they don't know their work address or even work phone number. As for the Pharmacist, these are the ones who couldn't even get a job at Walmart. I have to agree that the overall management is poor and lacks direction, but as of 2010 there were some major changes in the higher chain of command and things are getting better. With over 450 locations nationwide, you're going to have some bad apples. That simply can not be avoided. I do not hate my job, I do hate talking to those select people from our "special" locations; but you take the good with the bad. Would I get my best friend a job here? I don't think so, but I don't hate going into work either. We have some great pharmacist, order entry techs, pharmacy technicians, and even management. The good ones stay, most of the time. The bad ones leave fairly fast and then complain about how miserable their job was.

From Wakefield, MA — 01/04/2009

Location is easy accessible through out major high ways, quiet area, clean break room, free spring water, vending machine, professional atmosphere. open door policy, amazing General manager works and acts just like any other regular employee, flexible hours, paid overtime, fairness is there, job satisfaction, serious and most of all you never feel thtat you are insignificant or even unimportant from your fist day at waor. 0 tolarenace toward sexual harrasssment and discrimination which makes it an amazing company to work for,,,,A