Working at Old Country Buffet — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Old Country Buffet pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Old Country Buffet

From pa — 11/17/2009

Pay ; i was hired as a line server so i only made like minimum wage (i was like 15 at the time so this was ok)

Respect : Everyone was respectful i didn't have any problems with employees or managers

Benefits : i was part time i don't know about benefits

Job security : if you did your job you kept it

WOrk/Life balance : Well for me they worked around my school schedual

Career Potention : not sure

Location : Its located in a shoping center like most resurants

Co-worker competence : everyone was ok but the only problem i had working there is that EVERYONE in the back WAS FUCKING spanish and like DIDNT speak ANY english...so this makes communicating a littler weird...

Work Environment : For me i hated it because i found out from working here FOOD isnt my thing. and when it gets slow they like to send you home which is really annoying...

From Milwaukee, WI — 09/17/2007

I worked as a dishwasher and helped stock after the truck was unloaded. I was hired two days after I applied which was a good thing becuase I needed a full time job. During the day I had the interview they had me wait four hours so I just walked out but called and got another interview the next day.
They only had two of us stocking all the items. There was a lot to do and they wanted us done by 12pm. The guy training me yelled at me as if I was suppose to know where everything went, this was my first day. Even the guys who worked there for years couldnt get it done on time. Dishwashing was no better. Days like on saturday and sunday or when they had parties, they only had 2 or 3 of us working. We coul'dnt keep up. While we were backed up we had to take our the garbage, nonone helped us after that changed milk and ice constantly. Then the hosts complained about the carts, they needed new ones.
They have a policy that no pots and pans can go through machines even when we were backed up. The pans would be stacked almost to ceiling. We had to move real fast. The dishes came out dirty but werent washed again but just rinsed off a little and dirty water from the pots and pans. The workers mostly the mexicans were sweared at. We were disciplines by making us stay after our shift until we caught up. The supervisor made smart remarks how I live at home and dont pay anything, and made fun becuase I walked hunched sometimes.