Working at Olan Mills — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Olan Mills pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Olan Mills

From GA — 03/02/2010

I personaly did not work at olan mills long...THANK GOD FOR THAT!!!! They do not care anything about you or your personal life. If anyone is really sick in ur family say mom or dad and u dont live anywhere near them forget getting to leave to check on them. Also everything in that studio that has to be done, cleaning etc. is bought by you. They do not supply anything but they tell you daily that the studio needs to be cleaned. If they dont like you and want you to quit they will harass you until you do or find every way to write you up 3rd write up means ur gone. The dm tries to be ur friend in the beginning then screws you over when another co worker quits and or gets fired. They always tell you that you have to shoot 30+ exposers but tell me how that is possible with a screaming child or mad adults. You have to have an $80 average everyday which means you have to sell the "MOST POPULAR PACKAGE" which is WAY to espensive and expecially now a days. And when you say something about it they tell you that they dont have to be photographed but they do and so they must want to spend money. They also tell you to bald face lie to people to get money which is not right. They will take your rent money or your last dollar and not care. As far as a life outside of olan mills goes well lets just say you dont have one. You work EVERY weekend and ur lucky to have a day off during the week. So pretty much ur hurting your self for their benefit.....ITS NOT WORTH IT!!!! They bring you down everyday....nothing is ever good enough for them. Just when you think ur doing good they find something wrong with it. So for anyone looking into working there...... DO NOT DO IT!!!

From West Coast — 02/09/2010

I have worked for the company for over 6 years. I enjoy my job. I have tons of customers who have been coming to me since day one, so I've seen a lot of kids grow up, get new siblings, etc., The pay isn't the best, but my job is secure. I will stay as long as I can afford to. My DM is great. She's understanding, and works with us. Funny how only the disgruntled have come on here to complain...

From Michigan — 05/24/2009

It's sales. What do you want? Long long hours, low pay managers that don't appreciate anything. But I can see how it stresses some people. I can't give a good review, but I can't say this is the worst company ever.