Work at Office Depot — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Office Depot pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Office Depot

From Aurora, IL — 09/16/2007

I have been a supervisor, manager or business owner since 1991 for various companies in various fields. I usually rise above the expectations of others unless their ideas are really quite counter productive to business success. Since being at OD I have been promoted and seen nearly 11 people fired or quit for pathetic reasons (like having to show up). Most of the people who were here when I arrived had the mentality that they should receive a pay raise before their responsibility raises. I am from the school of thought that you EARN a pay raise or promotion by showing a sense of responsibility first, then are rewarded for proving you are an asset to the company. Some of us like to call that school of thought: "reality".
Whine if you must, but learn your lessons and become a person who will succeed no matter where you go.

I love my job...because I understand my job: to make my employer money and give them hard honest work. Granted...if they did not reciprocate with appropriate pay and benefits (that we both had agreed to) I would move on. However, I would not spend my time sulking, complaining, or ranting that I did not get a raise. YOU determine how much you make and what job you have. Don't blame your boss...if you don't like it be your own boss. Better yet...be someone else's boss and listen to their complaints. You will never again look at work the same.

From Oklahoma City — 07/17/2007

This was a great company to work for. Everyone at my store worked well together and was very good at their job. You had the occassional newbie come in who was stupid and they didn't last long, but those that did really loved working there. Most of the management was fun to work with. I have read all the comments about Office Depot, but it really depends on the store you worked at. I was transfered to Encino, Ca and I still liked working with some of the people, but the managers were not to keen on promoting people that deserved it. Only people that had put in time, but were slackers. On my last day there, one manager said there goes our best employee, and didn't do anything to reverse it. Idiot!