Working at Oce — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Oce pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Oce

From Atlanta — 05/17/2010

I was a secretary to the Branch Manager. The pay was great considering I was the only person my age to be making so much without a degree. Benefits were good but premiums were increasing every year. Kind of talked down to you, but who doesn't now days. My job was about 15 miles away but the drive is going to be horrible anywhere you drive in Atlanta. I got laid off in December of 2008 though, this really made me mad after I left an extremely stable job for 11.80/ hour to come to this one for 15.50/hr. Everyone was laying off at the time so can't really be angry about it. The job lasted alot longer than I hought it would though.

From Chicago — 04/23/2010

See responses to comment below.

I rest my case. Bad attitude and will never be able to find another job

From Chicago — 04/20/2010

I think there is only one or two persons out there on this website that hate it here in Chicago. It's obvious they can't get a job anywhere else....probably due to a poor attitute. If they were any good they would have left already. If you are so unhappy why don't you leave?

From Chicago — 04/06/2010

Glad to have a job with Oce. Good salary and nice people

From Southern California — 03/03/2010

stupid upper management are the ones posting this whole "i got a bonus in tough economic times"
that bonus they are talking about is the 9% they took out of every pay check since june of 09. i really do pray that canon will kick these managers out on their butts since their the reason oce had to sell to canon. i, along with all the other service techs, haven't had a raise in over 3 years. no one bothers fixing anything anymore

From Trumbull — 02/27/2010

Just joined 6 months ago and compared to what I've seen out there Oce is a pretty good place to work. Management is approachable and work hard. I hope Canon is as good.

From Southern Region — 02/25/2010

My husband has worked for Oce as a digital tech for over 10 years. Our family has suffered because of my husband's work schedule, the decrease of pay (9%) last year, and the lack decent of management. The Director of Service in the Southern Region is a chump and treats the managers under him and the technicians like crap. The bonus was a joke considering the company wide pay cuts last year. In recent years the company has declined all around and the moral of their employees has suffered greatly. The management cares more about keeping their numbers in check so they will get their bonus checks while the technicians are going above and beyond for a company that couldn't care less. My husband would love to find another job, but he's so busy doing parts management and taking calls from clueless co-workers at night that he doesn't have time to look for something else. We both hope that Canon makes positive changes, especially in management, before it's too late.

From Chicago,Il — 08/13/2009

Oce has become a less desirable place to work over the past few years. Job security is gone, benefits have been stripped away, work /life balance is no longer a consideration, but if your fortunate enough to still be employed it is still a good job. I bet if you were to offer the people who got laid off their job back with a little less pay they would take it.

Oce management is not the only problem, it is the printing industry itself. The business models of years ago are unsustainable in today's world. In other words there's no longer any huge profits to be made in Production or Wide Format printing. If you are in this industry you have seen for yourself customer's outputs are shrinking, and are going to continue to shrink. It's forecast that the construction industry won't bounce back for 20 years(Wide Format), and companies are starting to charge their customers extra if they get a bill in the mail(Production Print). Copiers haven't been profitable since the early 90's. The writing is on the wall, it's a shrinking industry. It's not going to die it will just be fewer people and fewer companies.

My suggestion to all these people posting all this angry rhetoric is get out of this industry and do something different. OH and be careful how much info you people give out here. They know who you are and they are watching...BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

From Chicago, IL — 08/06/2009

I have worked at OcÚ for over 20 years, and though we are going through some rough times right now, I still believe it is a great company to work for. What company is NOT laying off people right now and struggling to make ends meet?

I think that your working experience at this company really depends on the department you work for. I find that I am well respected for my knowledge by everyone I come into contact with from the guy who delivers the mail all the way up to the top. If you work hard, and do your job correctly there is much respect to be had.

On top of that, I believe that the OcÚ manufactured products are the best on the market and cannot be beat on any points. They are the luxury car of printers and you get what you pay for.

Do not discount OcÚ. We will survive.

From Columbus, Ohio — 11/18/2008

I am reading some of these posts and it seems like people became unhappy when the office division was changed. I worked for Oce until they got rid of Oce Office Solutions as a sales rep. I thought it was an awesome, professional company with excellent management and superior products and solutions. I did leave however because the word on the street was we would be eliminating the Oce product line sold into office environments and would be purchasing some smaller xerographic lines of copiers from Pitney and other companies. This obviously was not ideal to someone who was skilled at selling the Oce system. Still loved the company...two thumbs up! Maybe if people worked harder and quit complaining they would be happy, just a thought.