Working at Novell — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Novell pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Novell

From Provo, UT — 02/19/2010

Novell is a great place to work.... while you can stay working there. As others have reviewed it has a bad history of layoffs, management snafus, and has never understood the non-technical side of things as well as it should. The products have traditionally been great, but laying off the competent and replacing them with less-desirable workers has detracted from that. This, plus the management incompetence, makes the work environment trying.

Despite that while employed at Novell life is generally great. Avoiding layoffs sucks but that is not a daily avoidance. The coworkers are generally great and competent or else there are others you can find who are. Anyway, it's great as long as you can avoid the layoffs.

From Provo, UT — 03/17/2008

For the most part, enjoyed my tenure, however brief, at Novell. Pay and Benefits were pretty good considering other companies in this day and age. The biggest problem is the lack of clear direction from management. Constant re-organization and the most pathetic marketing of any large company I know. Let's create all these great products but not tell anybody about them...Stealth Marketing 101. Oh, yeah, let's not train our people on them either. Due to this, the company is constantly laying off people. They have quarterly layoffs like clockwork, in fact, two days after I started they had a huge layoff and every quarter I had to worry if I was going to get a pink slip. Many positions are eliminated or shipped overseas and south of the border. While Novell is going strong elsewhere in the world, they continue to decline here in the US. I hope they get over their identity crisis and figure out what they want to do when they grow up so that they can focus their efforts and finances in that direction. Good luck to all those who remain.