Working at Northwest Airlines — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Northwest Airlines pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Northwest Airlines

From Romulus, MI — 02/22/2010

Best job I have ever had, being a flight attendant. As long as you could stay away from management, who would micro-manage any part of your life, it was a great place to work.

From Romulus, MI — 12/19/2008

I believe Northwest is a great compnay to work for, the pay could be better but all in all Northwest is a great place. I can say I'm proud to have a job with one of the biggest airlines in the world. Environment couldnt be better, growth yes, there is growth.

From MSP — 10/07/2008

Working for NWA for nearly 30 years hasn't always been great, but I can tell you it has never been horrible. I have never been lied to by management, which is more than I can say for the association that has their name on our representation. We have been told that there will continue to be a hub in MSP and no mechanics will lose their jobs due to the merger. We have spoken with both current NWA management and Delta management. They are as up front with what will be happening as one could want them to be. The angry mechanics took their leave at the strike - we have a much better work environment without their anger. Delta has expressed their pleasure with the current work force of mechanics and has even said that having those who have not been called back on the payroll in the future is not an option for them. They have no desire to hire trouble makers. Overall - show me another job with the flight benefits, health benefits, job security, and the respect NWA shows for their employees - those jobs are few and far between.

From New York — 06/18/2008

I dont what all the fuss is about working here. If you feel so strongly that NWA is such a bad place to work, try looking for another job in this industry. There is not much out there right now. Keep up the faith.

From North Carolina — 06/17/2008

Only been here nine and half months, but so far I have been making a lot more than when I was with Delta. They give me all the hours I want including OT. Sometimes too much OT but get it while I can. If the fuel prices ever even out, I bet their will be a lot more customers and jobs. Until then I am crossing my fingers that I wont get furloughed.

From Jacksonville, Fla. — 06/15/2008

I guess I am not one of the complainers about NWA. I happen to love my job and at least I still get a check. Yes, I would like to make a million dollars a year but I make enough to keep the bills paid and still have enough left over to splurge. I could be down at the local walmart pulling down $6.00 hr. then I might have a beef.

From Atlanta, Ga — 06/14/2008

I seen the airline business go thru a lot of changes in the past 22 years, but this has got to be the worst I have ever seen. Not only are the airlines in trouble, but look at the auto, construction and rest of the non essential business going down the tubes. Look at the stock market. MY 401 has lost almost 10% since the first of the year. Now we have NWA employees on here complaining and tearing the company down. Lets work together during these tough times and try to stay afloat until the elections. Hopefully whoever is elected D or R can get this country running again!

From Quebec CN — 06/14/2008

I am one of the pilots who took a 20% cut last year. I was pissed for awhile till I found out the avg pay for a pilot has dropped by a third in the past five years. Yes I have had to make some adjustments, but at least I have not been laid off.

From Charlotte, NC — 06/08/2008

I just got back from Iraq, you just wouldn't believe how much hell we had to go threw over there. I rather be here rebuilding engines than eating sand over there.

From washington — 10/23/2007