Working at Natural Bridge Caverns — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Natural Bridge Caverns pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Natural Bridge Caverns

From San Antonio, Texas — 05/10/2008

Pay: Because this business tends to hire teenagers who will have the caverns be their first job, Natural Bridge Caverns (NBC) offers the lowest possible wage they feel they can get away with despite qualifications
Respect: Not a terrible strong point, but not too bad either--the people who work in the ticket office feel a little bit above it all at times
Benefits: No benefits for hourly wage earners
Job Security: You will have a job if it is peak season, you can be sure of that.
Work/Life Balance: Doable--you work four days a week and have three off, but those four days may be 10-12 hours long.
Career Potential/Growth: If you want to advance in the tourism industry, this family business definately plays favorites and you will most likely not be "in"
Location: On a beautiful piece of land in the Texas Hill Country
Co-Worker Competence: Mostly teenagers who like to flirt on the job, but other than that it's your typical some are better than others work environment
Work Environment: Cheerful enough--it is a tourism business after all.

Natural Bridge Caverns seemed like a neat place to work at first. My opinion of the business changed when the two best rooms filled with water and they charged the same price for admission, saying they were giving "aquifer tours" to make it sound cool. That was a bit unethical in my opinion. I do feel like the business takes advantage of its younger workforce as well, using moral builders like bowling nights and pizza parties to distract from the lack of a 15 minute break in the twelve hour day and the inordinate amount of duties each employee is to perform for wages much lower than the company can afford.