Working at National Standards Inc — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about National Standards Inc pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at National Standards Inc

From Rockville MD — 11/24/2009

Full disclosure: I was laid off along with about 1/3 of the 70+ employees during the summer after several years of working at NSi.

Although the benefits aren't good and the pay is so-so, the company means well. And, by the privately company I mean the owners, the Tehranchi brothers. But, where they have tremendous skill at developing business automation software, they have miserable management skills, from who is hired as top management to hiring relatives and friends to making a VC deal during the middle of a recession. All the while fiddling while Rome burned with parties, kabob lunches, promises, and "secret" bonuses for favored employees. This does little except leave hard feelings and distrust.

From what I have heard since I left the company, little has changed since the restructure. Salaries were cut by 10% and a furlough implemented. Sales are static but because of the layoff and furlough the company is once again crowing 'happy days."

Accept a position there knowing that all is not what it seems. And, if you do, be sure to curry favor with the Tehranchi Brothers - and the wife of one of them who is an unpopular employee - if you want to succeed.