Working at National Medical Imaging — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about National Medical Imaging pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at National Medical Imaging

From phila, pa — 07/14/2010

I have to say NMI was the best job i ever had. The pay was way more than what anyone is paying these days. The managers were great they were understanding and helped you out when you needed something. It was a great environment to work in. You were totally willing to go above and beyond for this company b/c of the managers esp thr VP of operations. The front desk staff always went above and beyond for the patients. I work in another outpatient center now and its totally different from NMI. NMI really was the best and I am really sad it has closed down.
Maybe if the owner wasnt so shady and maybe paid his bills and not burned so many bridges NMI would still be open. I am sure the owner is just fine sitting pretty in his miami and new york houses while alot of the staff is still unemployed. Overall best job ever.

From Philadelphia, PA — 06/08/2009

I really liked this company, it was a shame that they didn't will themselves to succeed. Often spending before the pennies were saved, shooting themselves in the foot. Not sure why, but I think overstaffing and poor management had to do with it. Coworkers were great but not particularly knowledgeable. Management on my level as a site manager was not even sufficient, just a "yes, man" who would lie to your face without remorse. I'm going to miss my coworkers but glad to be away from the stress.

From Philadelphia, PA — 11/19/2008

I enjoyed my time with this company. It's kind of rude to blame the billing department when some of the office managers can't alphabetize. If I ever had an issue the billing department solved it and if I made a mistake they let me know about it. I enjoyed my work, but I heard alot of others complaining and never figured out what about. If you don't work at something it withers. Failure is a team effort. If you don't think you're victims of this economy, you're fooling yourself. It is unfortnuate how it happened, but I am grateful for the time I had there and the friends I made.

From Philadelphia, PA — 10/28/2008

First and foremost to the last poster, it is not fair to blame the layoffs on solely on a poor billing department. There are far more variables that you obviously missed. How can the billing department do a proper job when the sites, which obviously means you, didn't get the necessary information for proper billing? Need an example: How do you expect to receive payment for a patient when NO authorization was obtained or the authorization obtained wasn't for the test performed? How can you expect to get payment from an insurance company when the sites neglect to take the proper insurance information? Or the insurance info placed in the system was wrong from the start? Get the facts before you automatically place judgment. Everyone is responsible for the poor luck this company has experienced.

Pay: It's alright. Better then most. I'm sure it'll get better now that they no longer have the Maryland and Illinois sites to keep them in debt.

Respect: I get appreciation for a job well done. I believe if your doing what your suppose to be doing during your shift then that in itself has to account for a personal accomplishment and those around you that see it have to respect that.

Benefits: It's alright. Better then nothing and better then some. ALOT of people complained about the poor coverage. I hardly had the need to go to the doctors, thank GOD, so I can't confirm that the insurance was all that bad.

Job Security: At the moment, can't say there is any. But to be honest, it was a smart business move by management. If you factor in how much the rent cost at some of these places, then the salary of those employees, electric bills etc versus how much patients they actually saw, it wasn't worth it. They were spending more money then they were getting. No wonder there were no raises or bonuses.

Work/Life balance: I was able to get off when I needed to, which was hardly ever. Most managers were willing to work with you.

Career Potential/Growth: Some people said you had potential to grow within the company and others said no. I believe it depends how bad you really want it.

Location: Leaving blank intentionally

Co-worker Competence: Leaving blank intentionally

Work environment: For the most part, very pleasant. Most of the time your laughing. Sometimes you would love to tell the person next to you to STFU but isn't that everywhere. Your always going to feel that way no matter where you are.