Working at NAPA Auto Parts — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about NAPA Auto Parts pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at NAPA Auto Parts

From Liverpool, NY — 08/17/2010

Been with a corporately owned NAPA (Genuine Parts Company) now just about 4 months, and so far love it. Get awesome discounts on parts for you and your family. Also, just got promoted to FT and already got one raise to. The only thing that bothers me is that the delivery vehicles aren't kept up as good as they should be I think. Also, it seems like the management lets some people get away with some things that shouldn't. But, other then that, it's great. I've also built some relationships with local "Mom & Pop" garages that we deliver to, and when I need something done, they give me a good price. So, would I recommend someone getting a job at NAPA? YES! I have heard that some people have had issues with franchise owned NAPA Stores, so I'd just look at corporate (GPC) owned stores then.

From Atlanta, GA — 06/29/2010

Ever since coming on I've had nothing but opportunity to prove myself. Everyone that works hard gets treated with respect.

I can see where some people come off thinking they aren't respected, but for the most part they aren't good employees to begin with and morale in some stores is low. That stems from the employees in the store more than the company itself.

Most everyone in the company started as a delivery driver and the good ones have worked up the ladder while the bad apples stay disgruntled.

From zionsville, IN — 10/05/2008

I have worked part time at a Napa store for 3 years and it is great. The store I work at is corporate owned store, not a franchise store, so there is no "owner" making decisions to benefit only himself. The raise situation kind of sucks, 3yrs only one 25 cent raise. The benefits at my store are decent, although I do not use them, as I use the ones at my full time job. the discount on parts is the main reason I work there. My co-workers are very knowledgeable and care about the customers. I feel that there is potential for growth, I could very easily be full time or management some day, if desired. The job is very secure and the environment is clean and organized.

From High Point, NC — 01/19/2008

I've only been working there a short time, but I already love this job. My training has been great and the benefits seem good. The other employees are very kind and helpful as well as the managers. The people who work there are not just money drivin but really seem to care about the customers.