Working at NAIC — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about NAIC pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at NAIC

From Kansas City, MO — 03/11/2009

The NAIC treats employees with respect.

From Kansas City, MO — 01/28/2009

The NAIC is a nice place to work. Sure, it has its down side, but what company doesn't? The pay is decent, and raises are generous. The health insurance isn't the best, as copays are high, and they screw up claims all the time. Otherwise, the benifits are decent. They are generous with PTO, and there is even a sick-bank if you are out of sick time and need to get paid. They also have vacation buy-back. As long as you do your job and follow the rules, there is no risk of being fired. To the best of my knowledge, there has never been lay-offs. The NAIC is very family oriented. You can work from home if you are salary and need to be home for the day for some reason. There is an infant in the workplace program (until the child is 6 months, not 7 months as someone else posted). The company participates in Wellness screenings, Corporate Challenge, and allows employees to do Weight Watchers at work. There is growth potential in some departments, but often employees have to move to another department to get the growth they want. The building is in a good location. Midtown. I feel safe there and you are within walking distance of Crown Center, and many restaurants. Not all employees are competent, as in any organization. The work environment is nice. They focus on ergonomics, and try to keep it comfortable. They are kinda strict on computer/internet usage, and keep a log of every Web site employees visit, as well as the amount of time they are on the internet. Overall, its really a good place to work. People who do leave because they think the grass is greener on the other side of the fence, often come back when they realize the NAIC is not as bad as they thought.

From kansas city, mo — 01/14/2009

It's a better than average place to work. Nice building, really nice covered paid parking. I have worked at other places where I had to shell out $50+ bucks a month for an uncovered lot and a long walk. This is really nice in the winter. 4 day work weeks seem to be available to almost anyone that want it unlike other places I have worked where they say it is available, but then you get there and it is only one department or a few people it applies to. This is great. 0% computer loan is kind of cool to. Like most companies there are crappy managers and good ones here but generally they are okay. Babies in the work place are fine - they arn't that much of a bother at all, I don't notice them much, they generally don't back stab you and plot against you. I like the people I work with - they are professional and it is a corial environment - can't speak for everywhere here though. There has never been any big layoffs here I am aware of - nothing like other places. Recently they did become sticklers for putting in your 37.5 hours - as long as you do that I don't think people bother you and yes the smokers now do not get their mandatory 15 minutes smoke break 3 times every day - but again, I see people taking breaks when they want to and people jawing, no different than other places. I don't see the work'em till there dead environment here - most people around me work 37.5 to 45 hours a week, that's nice.