Working at Motorola — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Motorola pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Motorola

From Schaumberg, IL — 04/14/2009

For this current economy in 2009: Good pay, good benefits, and that is about it. This company is so HUGE they have so many systems and none of them are integrated with each other. All the employees that I have come in contact with are all socially challenged. Not a happy hour type place and when you walk down the hall, no one will speak. Even when I speak first they just look down. It reminds me of a cult or something. There is no job training for new hires. There is no documentation of current processes to show new employees anything. What can I say...it's a job...and the worst one I have had. But in this economy, it's a job.

From Schaumburg, IL — 09/26/2007

Motorola has good benefits, but once you get hired it is extremely difficult to move up. They hire you in low, with the promise of "upward mobility" when reality is: raises average about 3% per year, which is not even inflation, and getting promoted is very difficult. They don't like to spend much on training or education advancement. They expect you to work long hours, and threaten layoffs continually. Management and co-workers do work hard, and very few people get fired for performance reasons. Benefits are good (not as good as they used to be), but good compared to other employers in the area.