Work at MetLife — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about MetLife pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at MetLife

From LIC, New York — 02/16/2008

MetLife is definitely the best work experience I've ever had. The absolute best thing is the freedom to work from home, as needed. Most groups seem to be extremely accommodating about working from home. The benefits are excellent - no deterioration of health benes. & pension (which seems to be the trend with other large companies). The pay is average. The hours are very reasonable - most everyone is long gone by 6pm. People are very laid back and don't seem to take themselves too seriously. I'm pleased with the number of executives that actively put family first. Most managers seem to be fairly decent people - not too many crazy ones. The only negative I have is the location in Long Island City (which is manageable). This job has been a big blessing.

From St. Louis, MO — 12/29/2007

I work entry-level customer service for the claims department. This job bores me almost to the point of despair. There are a collection of phrases memorized that are summoned up as if by reflex to any situation. It kills me that the majority of my waking time is spent doing a job that could be performed by a trained African grey parrot.

From Tampa, FL — 08/02/2007

Snoopy is the best company that I have worked for by far!! Very laid back environment and no BOYS CLUB!! In fact, the company seeks diversity and has received multiple accolades for their committment in welcoming people from various backgrounds. The benefits are phenomenal. Work/life balance is paramount at this company as well as the work environment. I love MetLife and could not imagine working anywhere else!

From Morristown, NJ — 07/26/2007

This is the best company to work for EVER! MetLife really seems to care about me as an employee, my access to senior management is incredible at this level and they really do try to do the right thing by everyone. Everyone should hope to get such a terriffic work environment as you'll have at MetLife.

From Moosic, PA — 02/22/2007

I absolutley love my job. The people I work with are fun and we get along very well. Management, at times, go out of their way to make sure that we have a healthy wrok/life balance. Sometimes it can't be helped but they do make up for those times. They help keep moral up they best they can. We even plan get togethers from time to time outside of work and it's great that we can socialize to help maintain a good working relationship.