Working at MedQuist — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about MedQuist pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at MedQuist

From mt. laurel, nj — 05/05/2009

The benefits are great as well as working from home. Not much advancement available or co-worker interaction.

Job security, in my opinion, is pretty good as long as you do your job as you should.

Work has been low, but still manage to get my hours for benefits by working flexed shifts...I'd rather work strange hours than not have a job. Been here almost 7 years and have thought about leaving, but like the benefits and pay too much as other companies pay less.

From Albany, NY — 05/04/2009

I really want to know where all you people have worked before making more money than MedQ. I'm not giving Trump a run for his money, but I'm holding my own, clearing 25,000 before the Q and more than 32,000 with them. The stress of this job is from listen to everyone who works here complain. If all you people go find another job then more people with brighter attitudes can joint the team. I've only been here for under a year but I have had no problems with QA or anyone for that matter. I enjoy the work hours suck they are third shift, but ITS A JOB and AT HOME!! No complaints here guess that makes me not a true Q worker like the rest of y'all!

From Mt Laurel, NJ, USA — 04/02/2009

My pay is pretty much at the ceiling, so I can't carp about that. Love my account, and it does not want to go overseas. I have the ability to work any shift; 3rd shift usually has lots of work, but we shall see what the future holds. I have never had any problems with supervisors or QA. I have no real complaints about MQ, but I wouldn't really recommend it to anyone at this time. MQ has been more than fair to me, but I'm ...forgive me... very experienced, very reliable, and willing to work whenever needed. If you want to be treated like profressionals, treat the job like a profession and not just an excuse to stay home with the kids.

From Seattle — 04/01/2009

I have no problems with Medquist. In today's economy, I'm extremely grateful every day that I have a job, let alone one that allows me to work from home and take care of my children. Sure, things could be better, but I refuse to complain about it.

From all offices — 04/28/2008

MedQuist consistently pays much higher than any other MT company for ASR work. All other companies pay 50% of the MT base rate or a set rate lower than that while MQ pays 70% of the MT base rate. There are monthly bonuses, special incentives, shift differentials and overtime to earn more money. Discount purchase program for discounts on books/resources and then pay it out from your paycheck at a low payment. PTO is paid at what you actually averaged the previous 6 months in total pay - if you earned $25/hour average, you get paid $25/hour for PTO. Generous PTO for full-timers. Has 2 different part-time positions. Offers 24/7 technical support and equipment at no charge to the MT. Classes for ASR can be taken as often as you need. Policies are readily available and HR contacts are available. Each MT is assigned to a Supervisor and a Quality Knowledge Leader who mentors the MT and answers all client questions. There is an e-mail support box for MTs, specifically. MT Week is a huge celebration each year with incredible prizes daily. I would definitely say that if you're experienced and interested in high production pay on your check, try it. If you're not good at MT work or new, I'd say skip it and learn inhouse first.