Working at MEDITECH — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about MEDITECH pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at MEDITECH

From Westwood MA — 03/28/2007

Hands down, MEDITECH is an incredible company. Each of the buildings are beautiful and welcoming, everyone is on a first name basis, the benefits are incredible, the sofware is totally designed by MEDITECH, the positive feedback that I receive from my supervisor, how I am treated professionally, I can go on and on. Many of my coworkers that I started with left MEDITECH and went on to other jobs, and then other jobs and then other jobs and again even other jobs.. Many of them I am still in contact with and it is amazing how much they talk about the times we worked together at MEDITECH. I hardly ever hear them talk about their new company. MEDITECH was a good choice for me.. the atmosphere, the benefits, the team feeling, the salary, the christmas party all are just a few of the factors why I continue to work at MEDITECH.

From Canton, MA — 03/22/2007

MEDITECH is a great place to work, especially for your first job. This company treats customers honestly. They don't sell futures. They don't customize their products. What you see is what you get. They are very clear with their expectations of their employees. If you work hard and stick with it, then you can do well. The benefits are awesome. They pay health insurance and promote from within. This is a terrific company!!!

From Fall River — 03/20/2007

I've been hearing rumors about Meditech going public. Has anyone else? Did anyone read Neil's address at the Univ of S. Korea? He mentions spending most of his time at MIT and wanting to give back to society. Maybe he's thinking of cashing and creating a charitable organization.

From Westwood — 03/10/2007

Meditech is a great place to work. The posters who complain here about the low pay and low annual raises he/she received probably did not do any work and were compensated as appropriate. I have found that if you put forth some effort, display good work ethic and integrity (i.e. not calling out sick every week and always being late to work), and treat your coworkers with respect, you really will do well in this company.

From Westwood, MA — 03/06/2007

From Canton, MA — 02/26/2007

Many of these posts represent the voice of what MEDITECH would call the brand new employee, anyone that has worked there for less than ten years. In the world of MEDITECH, youíre a complete nobody who hasnít paid your dues. They could care less about what you think because they know best. They arenít going to change their company that is being led by a group of people who have already been down the road your on and are getting closer to what they hope and pray will be their big pay off in retirement. At the very, very top are the people whose entire existence has benefited from the model they put in place. A model that is designed to rake in millions in profits which are then paid out in millions in stock dividends and very meagerly in salaries. Money is made there by buying their stock. The fools that work there that donít buy any simply donít get it. Take a look at the salaries and stock holdings of the executives there. The salaries are low to average, the stock holdings are high. If you choose to stay you need to know that you will need to work for your entire career to really reap the financial rewards and you need to buy as much stock as you possibly can along the way. Plan on contributing at least 200,000 of your own money to get anywhere near the amount of stock youíll need to retire. Also, they put money in a trust for you. With a lifetime under your belt you can expect to retire there with a million dollars in that trust. Rumor has it that once it hits a million they stop contributing and pay the percentage to you directly, so thatíll be nice. It can go right to whatever assisted living youíve got lined up. It will take you 10 to 15 years to get your salary and bonus to 100,000, and expect it to hover there for the bulk of your career. The quicker you get into management, the quicker you can get to that number. Management is really your only career path there. Sure, there are a handful of people that carve out some needed niche, but the majority are climbing the management ladder along with you. You can hang out between 50,000 and 80,000 for a lifetime if you plan on just phoning it in or if way back in your 20s when you were young and clueless you did something that has created a negative impression of you at a higher level. Maybe you got an OUI when you were traveling for them, or you drank too many free sodas, sent inappropriate email, got wasted at a work party, had sex in an office with a co-worker, whatever the case may be, itíll be a long road for you to turn that around and you probably wonít get to any pinnacle higher than manager. If that does happen to you, consider leaving because itís virtually impossible to climb out of that hole. Itís truly a middle class existence, but hey, did you really think you were going to be rich? Isnít it almost too late for you anyway? You didnít graduate from a great school, you had average grades, youíre not really all that interested in putting the time in, and you donít really have any great ideas or really the motivation or desire to do more than the bare minimum to get buy, so, welcome, youíve found a family, settle in, have a soda, their free you know.

From Framingham — 02/22/2007

I worked for MEDITECH for 2 1/2 years, and when I started I thought I would find my way to retirement with them. However, the amount of crap that I put up with from both customers and airlines (I worked in Implementation) was not worth the pathetic pay that I received. I will agree that I am more marketable having worked for MEDITECH, but if you want to make a good salary, and actually move up in a company I would leave MEDITECH after the 1-2 year mark. Pay your dues and get out while it's good. If MEDITECH REALLY cared about their employees they would do more to retain those that are trained and knowledgable with the product instead of hiring constantly to fill the positions for those who have left.

From Framingham, MA — 02/19/2007

Meditech is a terrific company that deserves a top rating. All managers are promoted from within the company. You have to work your way up the organization. Meditech pays for performance. If you perform, you advance. It's actually a simple concept. MEDITECH is the best!

From West — 02/10/2007

I can't believe that the last guy who posted a message complained that the bonus is taxed. Of course, the bonus is taxed. That's not Meditech's fault. Those are the IRS rules. And, of course there is a five yar veting process for the retirement fund. It benefits the long term employees. Meditech is a great place to start your career. It's also a great place to have a career. They only promote from within, and they are constantly growing. You have to earn your bonus and your promotions. That's the way it should be!

From Fall River — 02/07/2007

Best company I've ever worked for. Senior management is so generous it's not even funny. You would never find such a good deal in another company. I love my job!!!!