Working at Mayo Clinic — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Mayo Clinic pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Mayo Clinic

From Rochester, MN — 12/04/2008

I worked at Mayo for several years in the 1980's, left for about 10 years, then came back a few years ago. It disappoints me to see negative reviews because I have always felt Mayo treated me well. In any company this large there are good and bad bosses, but my experience overall has been good. I started out at a low level and worked my way up, and I can honestly say that I always felt valued and appreciated for my work. The benefits and pay are competitive, and the Mayo doctrine that "the needs of the patient come first" is real. Most of the employees buy into that philosophy, and that is why Mayo is successful. If there is a flaw, it is that the job security is so good that sometimes people who should be let go aren't, and health care frankly is not for everyone. If you want glamour go into another field. If you want to help people and be fairly paid by a great company maybe Mayo is for you.