Working at Matrix Absence Management — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Matrix Absence Management pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Matrix Absence Management

From PA — 02/06/2010

i get pay under this Co. and i never can't say nothing wrong about this Co. because they pay me on time. The persons in charge of my case she do all what she can. if they make a mistake the fix it. is a good Co.

From Vidalia, Georgia — 01/25/2010

I am not an employee but a customer of Matrix. I was told 2 weeks ago that a check was sent but have seen nothing in my mailbox. My bank account is getting low and the bill colectors are calling. Can any of the previous employees give me the secrets to getting results from this company. Thanks

From California — 01/21/2010

Almost every company has good qualities, and could-be-improved qualities. I personally can't complain about my position with Matrix. I hear so many other people whining, almost on a daily basis, but these are the same people who don't take the initiative to fix the problems they are experiencing. When I have a situation that needs to be dealt with, or a request, or a general comment, I follow the proper procedures in order to have my concerns addressed, and I've never had a problem. Open communication and follow-up are key components to a harmonious work environment. The people who rant and rave are the ones that demonstrate neither.

From Anthem — 10/25/2009

For those of you that have written hateful things about your experience working with Matrix. Please remember that you have a choice to either stay and take the alleged abuse or leave to work for another company. Yeah, the economy is bad but trust me there is always work to be done in the disability industry. Currently, there is a "large" insurance company that is hiring disability examiners and is apparently paying comparable or higher wages.

Personally, I love working for Matrix and the employees there make it worthwhile. Although, the pay could be a lot better, I wouldn't want to leave and work for a "large -cookie cutter-corporate sweat shop- Insurance company". At least at Matrix, the employees have flexibility that you don't have at an insurance company. Employees are able to choose their work hours, come in early and leave early. As long as you work your 8 hours and do your job, that is accepted by Matrix.
Matrix is 3rd party administrator and things are done differently there. Yes, there are things that can be done better by upper management, no company is perfect. If it were perfect, big brother would be all over your emails and you would have to sneak into cubicle because you were 2 minutes late. Take it from someone that came from a large "prestigious and well known" insurance company, Matrix is the place to be if you prefer to work disability.

The way I see, if you are burnt out doing what you do and no longer enjoy working for Matrix, then simply leave and quit bashing the company that pays for your roof. No one is keeping you there and Iím sure Matrix and your fellow co-workers would like a more positive individual working there. The victim approach always seems to work for the weak minded individual. The strong minded employee is one that will take all the experience and make it useful for their future. Life is too short, take the more proactive approach and make your world a happier place in which you enjoy doing what you do!

From Phoenix AZ — 09/17/2008

Yes Phoenix is a fun place to work. Everyone is very nice and supportive . I have worked here two years and have referred six people Systems are pretty bad . The Managers that I report up to have been very supportive but they are usually very busy The main boss stops to say hi to me a lot and asks me about my family. I find the atmosphere very family like. I do not like that I have to pay more for benefits or that only the managers get covered parking .

From Phoenix, AZ — 09/14/2008

PAY: A little lower than other companies who provide the same services.
RESPECT: My team is great, however, I do see other teams that just don't have the respect that they should give/get.
BENEFITS: I think they are great. PPO, I can go whereever I want.
JOB SECURITY: I have never had a job like this to where I can actually manage my own desk and as long as my stuff is done and my clients are happy, then my boss is happy.
WORK/LIFE BALANCE: I don't have any problems in this department either. I typically see that the one's who complain about being overworked etc etc. are the one's who slack the most.
CAREER POTENTIAL/GROWTH: Advancing in this company is a little intimidating. The director can be a bit intimidating.
LOCATION: Excellent because right off the Interstate.
CO-WORKER COMPETENCE: I work with a lot of competent people but a lot of un-competent people as well. There are just some who I believe that this career choice is just not a good fit and they should leave.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Overall, I must say excellent!! I have a great boss who helps me at the drop of a hat.

When I first started at Matrix, I was just kind of thrown into. I must add that they need TRAINING...the TRAINING sucks here at Matrix. If you are not a quick learner...good luck. My old supervisor did not seem to want to help me at all, almost as if I was in the way. But I stuck through it and eventually they did a staff change and I couldn't be happier. People complain of all these rude claimants but frankly the rude ones are the one's who don't get their calls returned. I have been at matrix for quite some time and don't ever have problems even when I have 30+ phone calls a day. So in a nutshell, I don't think Matrix is at all that bad as some people think. One more recommendation though, the systems can be a bit troublesome. CAS ... they just need to get rid of that one all together....it looks like a program off of the Commodor 64.

From Phoenix — 08/23/2007

Wonderful employer- great benefits, always makes people feel welcome and at home. Systems are a challenge but managers are always worried about overloading you .. I have recommend 4 of my friends and they have all loved working for this dynamic company with great atmosphere