Working at Mary Kay — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Mary Kay pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Mary Kay

From Paramount, CA — 09/10/2009

I LOVE MARY KAY!! This year it is my 26th anniversary w/ MK. I've been a sales director for over 20 yrs. This is the greatest company anyone can work for. There are so many benefits: 50% off on the products and you earn 50% on everything you sell, flexible schedule, you are your own boss, bonuses with orders, directors get to know ahead of time what new products will come out and when, get to meet new people, win prizes and get many awards, you earn what you want to earn and not what someone wants to pay you, and i can go on and on....
This year I am also receiving my 14th car I have won with MK. Yes, you do have to make a certain production for 2 trimesters. The car itself is not free, but who gives anything free. After you receive the car, the only thing you have to worry about is putting gas. The registration and insurance is paid by MK and every 2 yrs you can qualify to earn a brand new car. This company is going 2 treat you the way you deserve to b treated. MK believes in the golden rule: "Do unto others as you would like them do unto you." But the best reason why I LOVE MK is because I have unlimited potential and absolute control of my future

From Atlanta, GA — 06/12/2009

Benefits: I have been an Independent Beauty Consultant for 7 years, and I have no intentions of ever leaving Mary Kay. I fell in love with the products due to my very bad case of acne. My beauty consultant told me what MK products would solve the problem, and within one week, my skin dramatically improved! She offered the opportunity to me and I signed up with the company.

Work/Life Balance & Job Security: I am a seasonal consultant. I am not as active as most consultants, but Mary Kay has been there for me through the years. Mary Kay has been a huge financial help for years, especially now that I am unemployed. As long as you have products on your shelf, you have a source of income! I also work on my own schedule, which is a huge plus!

Pay: I just processed a customer's order in between filling out this job review! Mary Kay works, but it's up to you to put the effort into it. Whenever I need extra cash or if I am in-between jobs, I always have MK to fall back on.

As long as I have skin, I will always need Mary Kay in my life! I personally use Mary Kay's skincare and cosmetic products on an everyday basis, and I love trying out new products.

Career Potential/Growth: Now that i'm writing this, I believe that I should start working my Mary Kay business full time. I might not be interested in climbing the career path, but I would definitely be happier with a larger customer base! :o)

If you would like to join the business, I will be more than happy to help you. Contact me at www.marykay.com/allie

P.S.: A trip to Dallas at MK's seminar will make you fall in love with the business! I fell in love and MK is a vital part of my life!

From Houston, TX — 09/26/2008

i absolutely LOVE mary kay! i've only been working as a beauty consultant for a few months, but i have friends in the business and i know they are just as in love with it as i am.

respect: i want to lump this with "recognition", which we get A LOT of! anytime you do anything at all, you get recognition of some sort. also, everyone i've worked with so far has been amazingly respectful and kind. i've never experienced this level of respect in any job!

benefits: as a beauty consultant, i don't get benefits from the actual company, but there are companies who will offer discounts on insurance for anyone who works for mary kay.

job security: unless you do something unheard of (and i really can't think of what that could be), you can be in mary kay as long as you want. no one gets fired from mary kay...!!!

work/life balance: if i could quit my current job and do mary kay full-time, i would. i'm not quite in that position yet, but i'm working up to it. by doing that, i would have infinite amounts of time to devote to the rest of my life. you choose the amount of time you put into mary kay.

career potential/growth: the leadership ladder is easy to ascend and fun too! there are so many rewards along the way that you'll want to win, it'll make your career growth even easier than you imagined.

location: obviously a 5 because i can stay at home or go down the street or go to china. it's my choice!

co-worker competence: the best part about mary kay, in my opinion, is that you get to choose your team members. you choose who your co-workers will be, so their competence is up to YOU.

work environment: i love my mary kay gals. they're so positive and make life fun! going to training with them is twice as fun because i'm doing what i love with people i love.

MY BLOOD RUNS PINK!