Working at martin marietta — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about martin marietta pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at martin marietta

From charlotte Nc — 10/22/2009

My experience with my company is ok. I think that benefits were really good about 8 years ago. You donít move up as quickly as you would at most other companies. I have found that 1 person can stay in 1 position for years and years. Some people are promoted without degrees, and others are told that the only way to earn top pay and get promoted is with a degree. This company still bases its upper management by favoritism. Hard work, coming in on time every single day, doing your job the best that you can, really does not matter. If you are in good with upper management then you will go places. I am a female and find that I am one of the lowest paid people in "ManagementĒ and I have been with the company for over 10 years. On the other hand I have always been treated with respect, and kindness. I feel that my job is secure, and for this day and age that speaks for itself. Martin Marietta could have very easily decreases people pay, but they didnít. I feel very lucky to work here, and I will retire from this company. It would be nice to make the money that my peers make for the same level of responsibilities, and it would be nice to move up the corporate ladder.

From Des Moines, Iowa — 08/28/2007

Forget the word bonus, not going to happen. Cost of living pay raises only, no performance raises allowed. Overall the work environment is tolerable, but certainly not outstanding. No management communication, no positive feedback, and not much talk about safety unless you are at one of the quarries. Pay is decent and benefits are average for the industry.