Working at Marriott Hotel — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Marriott Hotel pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Marriott Hotel

From San Jose, CA — 10/17/2010

As much as I hate this place, the one great thing about it were the friends that I made here, some of which are friends till this day and are probably friends for life. Other than that if you like getting paid a crappy wage, dealing with terrible management, gossiping co-workers, food that looks anything but, getting fired for no reason, hateful customers and a hostile work environment this place is for you.

I worked here as a "Loss Prevention Officer" for a good three years. During those three years I experienced non stop backstabbing, gossip, no pay raises, and a general disrespect for workers while there. I also had to deal with lying Human Resources employees during the end of my time there, for some reason are all obscenely over-weight.

If you want to get fired for no reason, pleasee look into this company.

From Portland, or — 03/25/2009

This company seemed great when I started. I was told of high potential for growth, etc. Unfortunely I wasnt told that our location is insanely slow most of the year. Too bad there are not enough position available at our location to move up the ladder. This past winter staffing became a joke. Housekeepers only work 1-2 days a week. Front desk staff is spread throughout depts just to make their proper hours. The company in general gives you a positive outlook but lacks the follow through to make things really happen. All and all it has been a disapointment.

From Minneapolis — 01/06/2009

I like working for Marriott, I think it is a great, well known company with a positive image. I think there is good potential for growth with the company especially if you ever plan to relocate, there will always be a marriott near by to transfer to.

From Bethesda, MD — 09/01/2008

The pay isn't the greatest, but that's because it's the hotel industry - which doesn't pay well in general. I work for Marriott directly, not a franchisee. It's got great growth opportunity if you're not a complete moron. They hire & promote from within and do an excellent job of taking care of their associates. The benefits help with discounted F/B & rooms when traveling on vacation and they treat hourly & managed associates very well. I would never work for a franchised hotel - it's just not as good of a work environment from what I've heard.

From Fresno, CA — 12/09/2007

Your Marriott experience completely depends on the location you work for, and the management it has. Nearly all Marriotts are franchised. If you work for a cheap franchise owner, things can be tough, if you work for a good one, you will enjoy yourself. Try to work for a Marriott that is actually managed by Marriott Corp. You will have better benefits, training, and more opportunities for advancement. My only major gripe was the pay, but this is the service industry so it is not completely out of the norm.

From fredericton — 10/16/2007

I have nothing bad to say about Marriott Reservation Center. They r a great bunch of people to work for.They are very fair. The pay is good. And you actually have the chance to advance if you want to.Its all up to the individual what they want to do with there life in your job. I have never been thanked so much in my life for the work i do. I feel so appreciated its unbelievable. Kudos to our General Manager what an exceptional lady. Keep up the good work Marriott. I am certainly glad that I came to work for you.Thank you for the opportunity to do so.