Working at Marketing FX — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Marketing FX pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Marketing FX

From Rosemont IL — 04/02/2010

I worked for Marketing FX for several months and it was the best sales experience anyone could ask for.. If you don’t make good money while you are working for Marketing Fx then you must suck at sales and it probably is not the field you should be in. I was a full time college student taking over 15 hours and Greg Cassa allowed me to work 4 days a week as a intern.. I still pulled in over $1k/week.. I now work for a reputable company that pays over $100k/year and I am 24 years old.. Without the experience that I got from working for Marketing FX, I would not be where I am now… The only reason why any of you think Marketing Fx is a rip-off is b/c you are all lazy and you must suck at sales… The job is not for everyone, including me but it was definitely beneficial to work at Marketing FX.. I would say any new college graduate that wants great sales training and real experience and wants to work in sales in the future this job would be perfect for you..

From chicago, IL — 09/16/2009

Basically if you are savvy and can do sales you will bank at this job. Benefits and travel compensation are indeed minimal...however, when you make it to assistant management ( which can happen quickly depending on how dedicated you are) you will start making substantial cash. Another bonus is most of the time your co workers are young intelligent professionals who know how to balance work and fun. All in all they are small sacrifices to make for a secure position with ample room to grow. I'll be honest i read the bad reviews and was totally skeptical when I went in for my interviews, but I am happy I gave it shot and the experience and skills acquired were well worth the effort i put in. Basically, i wouldn't knock it until you've tried it.

From chicago — 03/16/2009

I had a great time interviewing with these guys. I thought it was a great idea to show me what a typical day was first hand. On my second interview i wasnt asked to sell anything. I was there just to watch. The young gentleman that took me out was great. He didnt sell me the position...just laid out the facts for me. Every question that i asked (my college professor printed me out a sheet) they answered. It is sales and they dont hide it. We were working with AT&T. Fortunately, I understood face to face sales before going so maybe that is why I wasnt surprised. I can see how this might not be for everybody but neither is the restaurant industry or anything like it. A job that is soley based on your performance...long hours, working for tips...ect. For me I think this is a great place to get my foot in the door considering everybody else is having a hiring freeze or some other b.s. (not having enough experience). But then again this is just my opinion.