Working at Manitoba Public Insurance — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Manitoba Public Insurance pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Manitoba Public Insurance

From Winnipeg, MB — 06/25/2008

I have been at my job with MPI for 7 odd years and will be returning after I complete my leave for military service.

Over all I feel it is one of the better manitoba companies to work for. Better than average benifits, pay is on par with most and the range of jobs is good.

From the IT point of view, they have a fairly mature operation. Like most shops of this nature, the current trend is towards customer service and as a result ITIL and the like are the flavors of the month.

A higher than normal age in the department, leads to limited advacement and slightly slower than parr response times to current trends. However it also allows for a fairly stable enviroment with very goverment like operational thinking.

Overall I would say it is a acceptable place to work, and for someone looking to make a long term comitment to a career, it will be rewarding.

From Winnipeg, MB — 05/21/2008

Overall a company that likes to jump on the latest industry bandwagon trends, then fail to see them reach completion.

Poor morale and very high levels of inter-departmental politics, make this a poor workplace for anyone who actually wants to enjoy work.

Many people here are staying for just the higher than average pay, however this leads to a lot of unhappiness with their work and they resort to constant bickering, infighting and political games.

Job functions are rarely what one is hired for, and there is a over abundance of "make work" projects, where management feels that unless they see you slaving away, that you are not being productive.

Management is summed up as: Buzzwordy, slow to adapt to change, and detatched from reality.