Working at Mainstream Engineering — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Mainstream Engineering pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Mainstream Engineering

From Florida — 04/12/2010

While I hate to distract from the earlier post...there were many valid points made, there are a few things that must be clarified.

Mainstream is pushing 100 employees, so whoever wrote 40 must have been gone for some time, which in a way makes their post a little less valid, times change.

Secondly, the "vacuum" that the poster says Mainstream is, sucking government funds, completely invalidates the great amount of research that is done. The government pays for R&D and that is what Mainstream provides.
There are many exciting and intriguing projects that Mainstream explores, and many bright people cultivating these ideas.

Finally, when reading not just the previous post, but all the posts that have gone before (deleted or not) what it all comes down to is that the people making up management are smart and capable in the various areas of engineering, IT, production, finance, marketing, etc...but to a one none have any major experience, outside of Mainstream (or reading a book or two) of actually managing people.
Nothing more sinister than that.
But evidently that's enough.

By the way - the post from 2/16...personal days are not sick days. Sick days are sick days. Personal days are personal days. Vacation days are vacation days. There is a difference.

From Rockledge — 02/27/2010

Get out if you don't like it
I like working here and my coworkers are very capable
get a life

From Rockledge,.FL — 02/16/2010

I don't know who is writing this negative stuff, I work at the same company and if you like hands on work and working on exciting projects in the lab this is a really fun place. If you are into big titles and managing you would hate it here. No MBA types in the R&D engineering group. This is a place for people who like doing engineering. A lot like my grad school environment.

Some information in the other postings is just wrong. Mainstream provides sick days, they are called personal days - DUH. They pay all of the health care costs without any employee contribution. They pay you for every hour worked, so if you work 50 hours in a week you get paid for all 50 hours, not just 40 and tell you your salaried. I am a young engineer and hang with a bunch of the other engineers at Mainstream and don't know who is so unhapply around here. We get to write proposals on new topics that we are interested in working on.

From Rockledge, Florida — 04/10/2009

I think this a great company for those who are self motivated and enjoy hands on engineering. You must like working in a lab environment