Working at Magellan Health Services — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Magellan Health Services pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Magellan Health Services

From Maryland Heights, MO — 07/15/2010

I just happened to come across this website this evening. I am not familiar with the IT dept problems in Maryland Heights, so I think it is unfair for this company to have such a low score based on so few reviews. I am quite happy with my job and plan to be here till I retire. The pay and benefits offered for what I do are exceptional in my opinion. There are many things I think of on a daily basis that I wish would change. However, when looking at the total picture, I feel his company offers a fantastic work environment for those who do there job to the best of there abilities. I am not a supervisor or manager. I am a worker on the bottom rung of the ladder, taking phone calls all day. This company offers a lot for entry level employees like me. So what if I call in sick and have to use "PTO" (paid time off). I get four weeks off as an entry level employee. Most jobs that pay the wage I make don't even offer PTO to entry level positions.

From Maryland Heights, MO — 03/11/2010

I've worked at Magellan for over 15 years. Started as a non-expemt, applied for internal jobs and now work in IT. After reading some of the negative comments already posted here about working in IT, I have to say that I have heard the same things about that team and they do not apply to my department. My boss is GREAT, has good people and motivational skills. My boss cares about me as a person. So for all of you reading those negative comments please note they are not indicitive of the entire IT organization. It is clear to me that the employees who wrote them have no understanding of what goes on above them and what stress is placed on their Management to get stuff done. I am not validating how they are treated; like I said my boss is great and is under the same pressure and stress as all the others. It's how you deal with it and motivate staff that makes the difference. Also, our days off policy is called PTO (paid time off), not vaction time or sick time. If you are sick you have to use a PTO day. I do not think this is unreasonable.

From Parsippany,NJ — 11/12/2009

Nice company top work for..........