Working at maersk — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about maersk pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at maersk

From Copenhagen — 04/01/2010

As an employee that has been expatriated several times with the drilling contractor division of Maersk, I can suggest the following...

Maersk, as a company, is in a huge transition period...adapting a more "american" style business model than their previous Scandinavian based roots. Unfortunately, the employee compensation has yet to catch up, and many of us find ourselves in a performance driven, high pressure working environment with civil-service style compensation. The work-life balance & flexibility is not so good, but that is true for many companies nowadays.

The positivies...All employees are hired based on personality tests, and there far fewer *assholes* working here than in other companies. Where the company really shines is in their values & treatment of employees concerning expatriations or family issues. When the chips are down & family emergencies happen, I have no doubt this organization will do the right thing and stand-by their people.

Basically this is a solid company with good people & lousy pay.

From Madison — 09/30/2009

I have recently left Maersk after more than 20 years. I was fortunate to start in a management position and feel that I was recognized and promoted for my dedication and hard work. I was relocated with the company several times and while that was difficult, the people at Maersk HR worked with me and my family to ensure it was as least disruptive as possible. I have had an opportunity to travel around the world as part of my position, and I really appreciated that. I took early retirement but I really miss the company. I do know, however, that the company has changed over the past few years and I still stay in contact with many of my former co-workers, the majority of which are extremely unhappy and fearful for their jobs. I consider myself fortunate that I left when I did.

From newark, new jersey — 08/12/2009

I love working for this company. I am compensated regularly and my bosses are super. You have a real future if you work hard and are dedicated.